Paramount's Great America announces 2002 attractions

Posted Friday, December 7, 2001 6:50 AM | Contributed by SFMWManiac87

PGA annouced that they are adding Delirium (KMG Afterburner), Flying Eagles (also known as the classic flying scooters), Meteor Attack (3-D adventure to save the planet), Slime Time Live (a kids show) and two new characters.

Read more from the official PGA site.

Friday, December 7, 2001 7:03 AM
Interesting...I wonder if they're getting the eagles from another Paramount park?  PKI has ones that look just like the ones in the pic.
-----------------
Ride the New England Bush!
+0
Friday, December 7, 2001 7:46 AM
I hope not...the more the merrier I say. Does anybody know where in the park they are planning to install these?
-----------------
"I'll bet that thing hits 5 Gs going through that loop.....faaar ooouut!"
+0
Friday, December 7, 2001 8:34 AM
Hmmm, in the picture on the website, the ride first shown is not a KMG Afterburner, because the Afterburner only has 6X4 seating. Based on the 8 arms, I believe it's a Chance Revolution.
-------------
SFA 2002-What are they building? *** This post was edited by Intamin Fan on 12/7/2001. ***
+0
Friday, December 7, 2001 9:35 AM
I believe that photo is PKI.

But you can't trust the photo. After all, this image is still on Kings Island's web site... :)

Rumor has it that Larson International (the Ring of Fire guys) is building a new set of Flying Scooters for Great America. But I don't think anybody has formally announced that, and Larson didn't display anything about it at their IAAPA booth.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

+0
Friday, December 7, 2001 10:26 AM
I sure hope that those will not be Paramount`s Kings Island`s eagles as I thouroughly enjoy that flat ride.  It fits well into its location at PKI.  It is the only ride on the path that connects Coney Mall to Rivertown at the Larosas`s restaurant.  Lets hope that, as RideMan says that a company is now making new models of a classic that went out of production years ago. *** This post was edited by coastersrz on 12/7/2001. ***
+0
Saturday, December 8, 2001 5:29 PM
Its a pic from PKI. I work there no one said anything about the ride leaving
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC