OTSR - vs Seat Belts

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:49 PM
Granted, most folks who are overweight are so due to their own doing, but there ARE genetic reasons that some folks simply can't shrink their bodies.

In case you're wondering, cofan, that means you're an asshole.

+0
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:58 PM
And some non-overweight people (large, muscluar people) can't ride now too. That makes him a bigger ass.
+0
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:56 PM
I'm sorry I got everybody so worked up. Probably 90% of the people who are too big to ride are obese. The other 10% are large muscular people. I'm 6'2 weigh 170, so I'm pretty skinny, and I don't have to worry about fitting in, although my knees bang up against the car on some rides. I have never been obese, so I guess I can't sympathize with some of you.
+0
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 11:04 PM
You still miss the point. We're not getting "worked up" because we're all obese. I'm 6'1 190lbs so I have nno problem, and Michael Darling probably doesn't have a problem either. Besides, the people getting kicked off are not obese. We're not talking about 650 pound people getting help from RIchard Simmons because they are unable to get out of bed.

*** Edited 6/1/2005 3:08:16 AM UTC by Peabody***

+0
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 11:09 PM
My brother is a body builder and couldn't fit into the test seat for MF. He is 5'10'' and around 185 back then. I was jammed in the Cedar Creek Mine Ride because I have long legs, but have fit into every other roller coaster I've ever been on just fine. I'm 6'0 and 205.
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 12:11 AM
Ok guys, you are all starting to really freak me out. I havn't been to the park yet this year, I have fit on all rides, including Junior Gemini with my kids, in the past. I am 6 feet, 220 lbs, obese by some of your standards, lol. I hope I can ride MF this year because if not I will be real pi--ed. Just wanted to get that off my chest, I feel muuuch better now. :}
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 12:43 AM
Could CP use the lap bar design that is on Mr. Freeze? Just a suggestion.
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 12:46 AM
Not without brand new trains by a different manufacturer. And the chances of that happening are next to 0
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 12:54 AM
I'm somewhat torn, I can't be heartless like some and say large people should just workout but lets put it this way: with every indulgence comes a consequense. I think that the quality of rides like TTD and MF would definitely decrease if OTSR's were installed. If anyone has ever been to PKI in Cincinnati, Son Of Beast has a lap bar; the only wooden coaster in the world with a loop and that makes for one hell of a ride
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 12:54 AM
would a lap bar style like Mr. Freeze work though.
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 12:57 AM
Look 2 posts up

edit - on the previous page

*** Edited 6/1/2005 4:57:54 AM UTC by Peabody***

+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 1:04 AM
What exactly are you asking, safety or accessibility?
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 1:04 AM
My bad. Why do all CP coasters have seat belts shouldn't the lap bar be able to do the job?
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 1:06 AM
Both. P.S. IT IS JUNE!
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 1:08 AM
Yes it is, two weeks from today I will be at the Point. :}
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 1:10 AM
Personally, I think you're right. Someone else said it earlier, most accidents are caused by human error. People who dont pull the lap bar all the way down cause they want to fly off of their seat. Well, when they finally fly off their seat and into the bushes on the opposite side of the park, then the other people come and want to put restrictions on how fast and high rides should be and that puts a limit for all of us coaster freaks. I think it's basically for show someone said earlier something about intamin using it as a front for their credibility which is a good point.
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 1:11 AM
It's no CP. ALmost every coaster is like that. It's redundant (read: safer, probably less expensive for insurance, too)
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 1:12 AM
im goin to CP next Monday. It was a coin toss between CP and PKI and CP won for TTD and Max Air. I haven't been on the new one at PKI, Italian Job, but it doesn't look that great. Anyone been on it?
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 1:15 AM
I guess i am not use to seatbelts because on both wooden coasters at SFStL do not have seatbelts just lap bars.
+0
Wednesday, June 1, 2005 7:49 AM
Well the overweight issue is not the biggest factor as most of you know. In line, an employee said the same thing. Some larger folks can get on since it is hip size not belly size. Also said women can work the seat better. Advice (as from workers), once in seat, saw your belt back and forth to get the most out of it. It worked for me on both MF and TTD. Agree that OTSR is not wanted and that the bigger seats are the real thing and or car redesign.
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...