Wednesday, August 3, 2016 11:18 AM
I was going to do a TR, but thought I'd just give my impressions on the new Incredible Hulk. I was able to ride last night.
- The new night lighting of the track is awesome.
- My *favorite* new effect is the Hulk roar at every launch
- The tire launch mechanism is still there
- The interior of the launch tube is riddled with these circular LED's. Nice, but a sensory overload. No more "I think...I think this time it's going to work...."
- The cobra roll is much smoother, other than that everything feels identical
- The station has the same layout - but very modernized. They have nice new flat screens and this awesome lighting effect in the center of the station. I have never seen an Incredible Hulk movie or TV show so I am not sure what it's supposed to be. The gross bubble tubes are replaced with rotating DNA.
- The trains are nice, the front reminds me of the Ford Focus with the LED headlights
- Much quieter now....not Talon quiet, but the deafening roar is gone. Muted Hulk will take some getting used to.
Overall, nice changes, but nothing ground breaking.
Last edited by delan, Wednesday, August 3, 2016 11:24 AM
Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:20 PM
Nice report! Was this a team member preview or soft opening to guests? As soon as soft opens begin, I will likely head that way after work one night and hope to get a ride.
Friday, August 5, 2016 1:27 AM
It was open to the public as of today, and Express access was only for resort guests, according to Mako madness, or whatever they are called now.
Friday, August 5, 2016 12:19 PM
It was the soft opening. We thought they were just doing testing and wandered in the queue.
Friday, August 5, 2016 6:52 PM
Had an invite for the 4:30am shindig yesterday, but couldn't get off work with short notice. And I totally despise anything that happens before sunrise.
You still have Zoidberg.... You ALL have Zoidberg! (V) (;,,;) (V)
Friday, August 5, 2016 9:32 PM
Unless it's on the before-bed side of the day, am I right?
Saturday, August 6, 2016 8:09 AM
The word is out around town it has reopened. I went out there last night after work and it was a solid hour wait all night. I passed on the wait, but the new trains with the headlights are pretty cool. Other than hour waits for both Hulk and Kong, I got near walk ons for Dragons, Mummy, and some of the other stuff.
Saturday, August 6, 2016 1:45 PM
It's not really the word around town, they announced it. :)
Jeff - Editor - CoasterBuzz.com - My Blog - Music: The Modern Gen-X - Video