Neeed Research on Coaster Designers

Thursday, March 20, 2003 7:49 AM
I'm doing a research paper on Roller Coaster Designers...First, I need to know their actual job title. I'm guessing it's some sort of engineer but I don't know what. Any website, people to interview, anything would be a big help. I need information on: educational requirements, nature of work, working conditions, salary ranges and other benefits, availibilty of jobs (now and in the future), how technology may change the demands of the job, any thing else related. I also need an interview, whether via internet, phone, or in person. Please Help!
Thursday, March 20, 2003 8:07 AM
It's called a RESEARCH paper. Try searching for it! :) Not asking for handouts.

- "I used to be in the audio/visual club, but I was kicked out because of my views on Vietnam........and I was stealing projectors" - Homer Simpson

Thursday, March 20, 2003 9:33 AM
I really need someone to interview...and I can't find anything if I don't no what their job title is. The closest I found were civil engineer, industrial engineer, and project engineer. But none of them say, "this is the type of engineer that designs rollercoasters," or anything like that. The other stuff I asked for is just if anyone knows a really good web site or something. I was giving them an idea about the stuff I was looking for...I still plan on searching for other stuff and going through all the info. myself...I'm not looking for handouts.
Thursday, March 20, 2003 9:41 AM
Honestly.. you should have started by researching your subject first and realizeing that it's not going to be easy to find the information.

Granted you may liek teh subject, but it's going to be VERY hard for you to find the info you want as alot of it isn't really out there.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
Technical Services - 2002-2003
Frightzone Screamster - 2002-2003

Thursday, March 20, 2003 10:00 AM
Contact a coaster designing company...The Gravity Group comes to mind...

Here's another link that has phone numbers for all of the major coaster designers...

--George H
---Superman the ride...coming to a SF park near you soon...
Currency tracking experiment... (Referring to The "George" on the $1 bill - Not Me)

Thursday, March 20, 2003 1:56 PM
Stengel may be able to heeelp you. He has a page out there SOMEWHERE that answers a few of your questions. I can't find it.
Monday, March 24, 2003 7:27 AM
Thanx for the help. Now I have a start. To Red Garter Rob, if I can't find enough on Roller Coaster Designer specifically I plan on doing whatever their job title is and use the coaster designer as a side thing.
Monday, March 24, 2003 4:16 PM
I did a report for this last year (you go to Cypress Creek?) lol. The career you want to look for is Mechanical Engineer. Civil deals with more landscaping designs. Depending how much they study, salary differs. A Bachelor's will usually obtain 45-55 thousand a year. A Master's usually 75-85 thousand a year. A Doctorate usually brings in 95-105 thousand a year. These are all starting salaries and are based on average. If you live in Orlando, you could contact Avid Engineering and try to get in contact with Stuart Anderson. He was my mentor/interviewee last year. He is a civil engineer-but has practice with mechanical engineering. Mechanical Engineering is the broadest of all the engineering practices, and with a degree in that, you are able to extend your work into other fields of engineering.

Hope this helped you out.

I am one.
I am Turbo.


You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2019, POP World Media, LLC