The Great Adventure Medusa and Marine World Medusa coasters are NOT clones. Not even near copies of each other for that matter.
Though their inversion pattern is similar, their layouts are nothing alike. Medusa West, if resembling ANY coaster at all, would fare to be akin to Kraken at SeaWorld Orlando more than the sister floorless that shares the same name in New Jersey.
I've just seen way too many people make the assumption they are copies of each other just because they have the same name.
There are many differences, but the main ones are -
- Medusa West has a non-curving/straight first drop, while Medusa East has a banking first drop to the left.
- Medusa West has a sea serpent, Medusa East has a cobra roll
- Medusa East has interlocking corkscrews, Medusa West does not
But those are just elements that seperate each other from being called similar. By looking at photographs of each of the rides, you will be able to figure it out on your own at last.
• Six Flags Great Adventure
• Six Flags Marine World
*** This post was edited by kRaXLeRidAh on 7/11/2002. ***
Well, I think 85% Percent of us CoasterBuzzers already know this information. But thanks for the pictures and your information. I'm sure this will help the other 15% or so percent out.
Thanks kRaXLeRidAh. In a recent post, a few people were calling them clones and me, not being too familiar with either coaster, knew that wasn't true. Just by watching coaster shows and checking out pictures on coaster sites taught me that.
Vote for your favorite IB coaster at Indiana Beach Online!
Bad move on Six Flags' part on calling them the same thing....
.:| Brandon Rodriguez |:.
my signature is empty
Let's not forget there is a THRID Medusa, the CCI at SFM. (Probably the best of the bunch)....
Somehow, don't ask me why, a mythological theme seems to "fit" better.....but separated by thousands of miles, the name thing is irrelevant to the GP, and it saves SF millions of dollars in T-shirts....1 shirt fits all...;)
Welcome to the Cedar Point skyride....we'll take you up 50, drop you down 30, all at an amazing speed of 6 miles per hour....we won't see you back unless you make the return trip!
Don't forget that SFMW also has a Roar--that means that there is also a Roar east and a Roar west. These rides are not clones, either, though they more closely resemble each other than the floorless Medusa coasters do. Does SFMW like ripping off east coaster names? : ) Though the western versions may be better than the eastern versions : ) At least the east got them first!
"So ya want thrills? Get God and your life will NEVER be the same!"--Ben Ashley
"The Great Adventure Medusa and Marine World Medusa coasters are NOT clones. Not even near copies of each other for that matter."
Please close this post, it's worthless.
"Duff Man Says... Ohhh Yeah!"
Current Favorite Coasters:
1)Raging Bull 2)Millennium Force 3)Medusa (SFMW) 4)Vertical Velocity (SFGAm) 5)Dueling Dragons (Ice)
With the Roar East(SFA) and the Roar West(SFMW), they are in fact clones. The only diference is the trains:
In that picture it looks like Medusa goes under the brake run (after the loop). Does that add to the excitement of the ride?
I just don't get it...
*** This post was edited by SFMWManiac87 on 7/13/2002. ***
You must be logged in to post