Marineland/passport/worth it?

Saturday, June 24, 2006 2:53 AM
I'm going to be going to Martin's to ride the Silver Comet, and just noticed Marineland is right there. Would like to get a couple rides on Dragon Mountain, is it worth it? Do I need a passport to get over there? Any info would be appreciated :)
Saturday, June 24, 2006 4:29 AM
Marineworld is Canada's version of Sea World. Checkout their website to gauge if its worth the visit for you. Dragon Mountain may not be the best ride out there, but its Canada's largest steel coaster. I will make my trip up there as early as next year. And bring your passport. Besides it is an absolute necessity everytime you travel outside of the country, recent events implores you to keep it handy.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 7:50 AM
A passport!?!

Are you kidding me? Is that what all you Americans think that live more than an hour away from the border? It's no wonder why there's not that much steam about the proposal except those that live around the border.

You don't need a passport. You just need your drivers-license, and that's it!!! It is "proposed" to require passports in 2008, but they're pushing for a cheaper alternative at a later date (a $25.00 alternative pass like a drivers license).

When do you plan on going to Marineland?
They've got Dragon Mountain which was recently re-themed...
They've got Sky-Screamer, world's tallest S&S triple tower (on top of a looong 150' hill)
They're opening up a Huss Topple Tower near Dragon Mountain in August
They opened up 3 new family rides, including a Rockin' Tug & some flying bees ride.

All things considered, they're getting more & more rides... but their shows haven't changed much over the years. The orcas don't perform anymore, they're just in the Friendship Cove.

It's a great park for its price, but again... you do NOT need a passport to get into canada.

That's a bad misconception that prevents a lot of people exploring the wonderful world of the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 10:13 AM
Here is the link to show the above from the US Dept. of State. And the act is Law, not proposed. The dates to be in effect are proposed until the final Jan 1, 2008 date, which is mandatory.
Saturday, June 24, 2006 10:17 AM
IF you go over the rainbow bridge and tell them you're going to the park, you'll have no problem getting there and back w/ a drivers licence. I've been over the bridge about 4 times in the past 2 months.

If you really want to, you can bring proof of citezenship (which you SHOULD always have when going over the border) -- so bring a birth certificate or something of the like. BUt honestly, going over for the day to visit and amusement park, casino, or whatever, i have never once been asked.

// alan j

Saturday, June 24, 2006 1:24 PM
Nobody's asked me. If you're going w/ someone under 16, however... you should have their birth certificate (original or copy? Ida know)... otherwise, the drivers license works just fine.

Back in pre 9/11, you didn't need a license... just hammered with a few questions... you could lie your way thru... all you gotta remember is tell them what THEY want to hear, not what you actually did. Although not illegal, I was taken in for secondary inspection because I went photographing in Niagara Falls, and they found that "suspicious". So now, all I say is that I'm going gambling, and that works like a charm.


You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2019, POP World Media, LLC