I am leaving to go to Cali tonight. I am going to see my brother down there, and I picked Knott's as the one amusement park I wish to go to. Since I have never been there, I would like to know what places to eat, what to ride first, what the crowds will be like on Friday, How long is needed at the park, and what coasters have On-Ride Photo's. Additional Info is appreciated.
------------- "Bathroom 1 looks too intense for me"-Ed Markey
Dont worry about the lines for boomerang, you'll only be going on it once after you ride montezoomas revenge. Stay till dusk, and whatever you do, no matter how long you wait, ride ghostrider at night, in the very back. That'll be the worst line you face all day. Expect heavy crowds, but who knows you may get lucky. Mrs. Knotts chicken is an absolute MUST. Eat there...twice even. Ghostrider has an on-ride photo and, oh yeah it doesnt matter what you go on first. Just make sure to take some time and just walk around the park and enjoy some of the aspects that make the park so great and origional. Ghost town, horse carriage, train robbery. It really is a beautiful park and you made the right decision in going there and not Six flags, disneyland or DCA.
------------- Ghostrider = good "I Love the Leader"
1. Get there EARLY. They open at 9 am, be there by 8:45. Hopefully you are staying close to the park, otherwise traffic is REALLY UGLY right around Knotts at that time of the morning.
2. Go ride GR first. I was there last Friday and it had a 45 min.-1 hr. line all day. Ride GR again if you like it and the line isn't too long. It takes a while to buld the line up, most people assume Knott's opens at 10 or can't make it there at 9 sharp.
3. Go hit Monte. Ride as much as you like, the crowds never really seem to hit Monte and your wait will never exceed 20 minutes.
4. Ride Jaguar and the other flat rides in Fiesta village that you are interested in. I would especially recommend the Falling Star and the Tampico Tumbler. Beware: the Tumbler takes forever to load. A medium-length line can be decieving...
5. Ride Supreme Scream. Even if you are afraid of it, the view is incredible and you will be glad you did it.
6. Go to the Boardwalk and get the Boomerang out of the way while it has no line. Spit on whatever's left of Windjammer. ;-)
7. Make sure you bring a change of clothes (or wear a bathing suit and sandals to the park, that's what I do now) and ride Perilous Plunge. Trust me, it will ruin all other Shoot the Chutes rides for you! ;-)
8. Other notable flat rides on the Boardwalk are the Hammerhead, and the INSANE Wipeout. Beware on the Wipeout, it makes even an iron gut like me queasy. The Sky Cabin observation ride is kind of cool too.
9. By this time, the park should be about as full as it will get, so ride whatever else interests you. Must rides are: Calico Mtn. Log Ride, Calico Mountain Railway, and the Ghosttown-Calico Railway (the big train).
10. Kingdom of the Dinosaurs is a kind of lame dark ride further marred by a dumb operating policy. Ride it if you're bored, otherwise you aren't missing anything.
11. The stagecoach is fun, but the line gets long and it has horrible capacity.
12. The Rapids Ride is very lame and will have a long line. Avoid it unless you're bored.
13. Mystery Lodge is a very cool show, worth seeing and a great way to take a break from the heat at midday.
14. Take time to poke around the buildings in Ghost Town. Make sure you check out all the little nooks and crannies of this incredibly cool area.
15. For food, I would definitely recommend the chicken dinner restaurant, but the line gets long at times. I would recommend a late lunch there to avoid the big lunch and dinner crowds. If you like Italian, Auntie Pasta's (across from Ghostrider)is a great value with good food. And I happen to really like Knott's corndogs (across from the Log Ride) as well.
16. Must rides at night: Ghostrider (!!!), Monte, Jaguar, Supreme Scream, and the Log Ride.
Why did you pick Knott's. Its a fun park, but Six Flags is much better. If you go to Knott's get there when the park opens at 9, everyone heads for Ghostrider so go to the back of the park to ride Jag, Monta and Supreme SCream then go to Ghostrider
Apollo15 said: "Why did you pick Knott's. Its a fun park, but Six Flags is much better. i]
i would have to disagree. Sure Six Flags has more coasters, but the totally lack in theming, and atmosphere. Only go to Six flgas if u are a huge coaster fan, and that is what you want to do i just be surrounded by coasters (and teenagers ;) ) ------------- welcome one and all, y'all come have a ball! Things a bear-y fine, ridin' on the old knott's bear-y line!
SF Magic Mountain does indeed have more coasters, but they then proceed to choke the life out of them with excessive braking, uncomfortable restraints, slowed lift chains, and poor operations. To me, MM is about one decent hyper (Goliath), one admittedly great inverted (Batman), one way-overrated stand up (Riddler), one over-way-too-quick reverse freefall device (S:TE), numerous rides that were once great but now suck (Revolution, Colossuck), rides that never were great (Psucklone, Flashback) and a few old dependables that offer tame but reliable thrills (Gold Rusher and Ninja). Additionally, MM has NO flat rides to speak of, their water rides are decent but non-descript, their food is TERRIBLE, the employees don't give a **** about the guests, and the average MM crowd is on weekend pass from the nearby correctional facility.
Something's wrong when the coaster with the most airtime (Canyon Blaster) and the best flat ride (the Balloons) are BOTH in the children's area.
Knott's, on the other hand, has two world-class coasters (GR and Monte), great flat rides, wonderful water rides (including the best log ride AND the best Shoot-the-Chutes I've had the pleasure to ride), incredible food, good operations, and wonderful employees.
But, yeah, Apollo, go to MM, they have more coasters...
I think that you should go straight for Perilous Plunge because the lines are short before 12. Also, go on Ghostrider when everyone's at lunch. Lastly, go on all the small rides in Fiesta Villagebefore going on Jaguar or Monta because the paths that go through there lead right to it and all the rides are fun! Start your day with a helpin' of The log ride and supreme scream, the best rides with the shortest lines.
Definitely eat at the chicken dinner resturant which is located outside the park. For rides, definitely hit ghostrider, boomerang, supreme scream, montezooma's and perilous plunge, log ride, big foot rapids and the railroad ride. I'll be there thursday.