Lake Compounce Pics and Review

Associated parks:
None

Tuesday, August 28, 2001 3:44 AM
Find out Coaster Grotto's thoughts on this small New England family park, home to one of the world's best wooden coasters - Boulder Dash. But did it live up to its reputation?


URL's removed

*** This post was edited by Jeff on 8/31/2001. ***

+0
Tuesday, August 28, 2001 6:20 AM
wow! he sucks! what a pain that guy is! some coaster enthusiest!
+0
Tuesday, August 28, 2001 6:36 AM
Dude, I love this park.  Why does everyone think that the Wildcat is bad?  Maybe I just love wooden roller coasters but I love the wildcat, the ride throws me around but it's not painful.  Yet, I also like the Raging Wolf Bobs.  Anyway, why is five dollars to park so outrageously expensive when compared to other parks?  Also, IMO after riding BoulderDash it destroys all the other wooden coasters I have ridden.  The speed and the scenery combine for a very cool effect.  Also, for me there was an average amount of air time, but it was really unique airtime in the form of double ups, and twisting bunny hops.  Anyway, yes I think the park needs more rides, but I think it's a beautiful park that's always empty even on weekends. The ride operators are nice and the prices are NOT expensive at all.  It costs 1.50 for a fountain soda there.  Is that that bad?  Compare that to 2.65 at most Six Flags parks.  The food is also really good and it's about 3/5 the price of Six Flags stuff.  Also, this park has some really unique rides that take advantage of their scenery.   The whitewater rafting ride isn't themed well but you get drenched by a nice mountain side setting. Also, the sky ride is probably one of the most unique rides and you realy can't get that experience at any other amusement park I've been too.  Also, this park has a really cool dark ride where you get to interact with the props.  Anyway in conclusion this is a very uncrowded park with a fair share of rides but not a ton.  However, the food is really good, the atmosphere is much better than a SF park, the prices aren't that expensive compared to other theme parks, and IMO it has two great wooden coasters along with some other unique attractions that are worth checking out.  Maybe I'm just too positive but I don't think I've ever had  a horrible day at an amusment park of any sorts and every park that I go too always has some positivie outcome to it.
-----------------
sigh, SFNE goes "tiny" for 2001
+0
Tuesday, August 28, 2001 1:18 PM
Grant is a huge tool.  I went to his poorly made website and read some of his reviews of other parks as well as the one for Compounce, and not one review was positive.  It's just another case of those Brits trying to say that the US is full of no-class idiots.
+0
Tuesday, August 28, 2001 3:56 PM

sfne guy said:
wow! he sucks! what a pain that guy is! some coaster enthusiest!

You need to get out and do some more parks. I did 17 parks in 15 days and I did not like Lake Compounce, neither did some of the other people I was with. However, I did like SFNE, and Superman:ROS and Cyclone are in my top 20 coasters.
Just because I'm an enthusiast does not mean to say I have to like every park and every ride in it. When you've ridden as many coasters (worldwide) as I have, maybe then you won't just think your home parks are the best.

-----------------
Let the world know your Top 10 Coasters at http://www.coastergrotto.zzn.com

+0
Tuesday, August 28, 2001 4:05 PM
?? I take it your that guy bashing the lake.oh well you should have looked closer at it evething about it is a great park. oh and how many times do I have to say to you people BOULDER DASH COMES ALIVE LATER IN THE DAY! then you will find airtime. I have been to more parks beisides my home ones.
+0
Tuesday, August 28, 2001 4:12 PM

Spincycle45 said:
"Dude, I love this park.  Why does everyone think that the Wildcat is bad?  Maybe I just love wooden roller coasters but I love the wildcat, the ride throws me around but it's not painful.  Yet, I also like the Raging Wolf Bobs.  Anyway, why is five dollars to park so outrageously expensive when compared to other parks?  Also, IMO after riding BoulderDash it destroys all the other wooden coasters I have ridden.  The speed and the scenery combine for a very cool effect.  Also, for me there was an average amount of air time, but it was really unique airtime in the form of double ups, and twisting bunny hops.  Anyway, yes I think the park needs more rides, but I think it's a beautiful park that's always empty even on weekends. The ride operators are nice and the prices are NOT expensive at all.  It costs 1.50 for a fountain soda there.  Is that that bad?  Compare that to 2.65 at most Six Flags parks.  The food is also really good and it's about 3/5 the price of Six Flags stuff.  Also, this park has some really unique rides that take advantage of their scenery.   The whitewater rafting ride isn't themed well but you get drenched by a nice mountain side setting. Also, the sky ride is probably one of the most unique rides and you realy can't get that experience at any other amusement park I've been too.  Also, this park has a really cool dark ride where you get to interact with the props.  Anyway in conclusion this is a very uncrowded park with a fair share of rides but not a ton.  However, the food is really good, the atmosphere is much better than a SF park, the prices aren't that expensive compared to other theme parks, and IMO it has two great wooden coasters along with some other unique attractions that are worth checking out.  Maybe I'm just too positive but I don't think I've ever had  a horrible day at an amusment park of any sorts and every park that I go too always has some positivie outcome to it.
-----------------

Thank you for your mature reply (unlike other peoples replys to this thread).

First of all, I agree the setting is beautiful and the food prices are cheap - it states this in my review. I thought $25.95 was expensive for the number of rides they have. Kennywood and Knoebels charge similar prices and have A LOT more rides.

I object to pay $5 for the car park because of the poor quality surface, both Knoebels and Kennywood offer free parking for better maintained car parks.

The first time I rode RWB in the front seat I liked it and couldn't understand why people were complaining about it. Then a year later and rode it in the back and it was awful, I felt the same about Wildcat - but I'm sure you've ridden both in the front and still like them.

Does anyone think I really wanted to dislike Boulder Dash, it was going to be one of the best woodies on my trip. I could always lie and say it was great to make everyone happy here. Anyway, I didn't say it was bad, just didn't live up to the what I was expecting it be.

-------------
Let the world know your Top 10 Coasters at http://www.coastergrotto.zzn.com

+0
Tuesday, August 28, 2001 4:23 PM

Newtron said:
"Grant is a huge tool.  I went to his poorly made website and read some of his reviews of other parks as well as the one for Compounce, and not one review was positive.  It's just another case of those Brits trying to say that the US is full of no-class idiots."

You need to grow up, and get your facts right too!

Since when have I given every park a bad review? Did I give bad reviews of SFMM, Cedar Point, PKI, PKD, IOA, Hershey Park, SFOG, SFGAm - I think not!

The only parks I have given bad reviews to are LC, the Great Escape, and SFWOA (and most people dislike that park).

If you think my website is "poorly made" you are entitled to your opionion, just as I should be allowed my opinion about Lake Compounce. I happen to have had lots of compliments about my site, and at least it doesn't look the same as everyone elses, and I write all the code, and do all my own graphics - unlike some other sites that steal peoples graphics and use front page or something else to write their code because they haven't got a clue!

And how dare you try and make out that I think (or all Brits think)the "US is full of no-class idiots". Would I really visit twice I year if I thought that? Of course, if all Americans were like you then maybe I would think that, but fortunately they are not.

-------------
Let the world know your Top 10 Coasters at http://www.coastergrotto.zzn.com

+0
Tuesday, August 28, 2001 8:44 PM
I'm not going to argue your viewpoint (nor the fact that you don't need to quote someone's entire post to comment on it.) I haven't been to Lake Compounce, so I have no "factual" opinion of it.

The only problem I'd like to address here is that your post seems to be nothing more than spam to send hits to your site.  This is something specifically banned by CB's terms of service.  If you have a legitimate Trip Report to post, I'd suggest doing so.  Simply adding a link, however, is insufficient at best.

There are many others here with websites and even a few with Coasterbuzz-sponsored sites.  All of these members take the time to file their trip reports here on this site.  I suggest to you that you do the same in the future.

-----------------
"Let's go out and have some fun!" (New Order)

+0
Wednesday, August 29, 2001 5:54 AM
kpjb-

Good points about the TR. Grant should have written a TR out instead of just plopping down a link to his site. That still doesn't excuse those other guys from calling him names.

+0
Wednesday, August 29, 2001 9:25 AM
It is good to see there are others who are not blown away by Boulder Dash. How much later in the day does it take for the ride to wake up. I had heard/read that it would be a threat to Shivering Timbers, not in my book. It is a nice park and its lack of crowds make it worth the price to me.
----------
21 parks so far in 2001.
+0
Wednesday, August 29, 2001 9:47 AM
Has anyone ever stopped to think why the park is never busy?

-------------
Let the world know your Top 10 Coasters at http://www.coastergrotto.zzn.com

+0
Wednesday, August 29, 2001 10:25 AM
Grant, it seems to me that you expect way too much out of theme parks and rides. I skimmed your reviews only to find how dissapointed you were with ride after ride. Just relax and don't be so critical. I guarantee you'll have a better time. 
+0
Wednesday, August 29, 2001 12:36 PM
well you just dont get it. YOU DONT! Its a LOCAL PARK they dont ADVERTISE! Hey if you want go to SFNE and wait 3 hours for superman I DONT CARE! Ill be riding the # 1 woodie in America with as 5 min wait! and I can easily see the magnificence of this park that you cant! 
+0
Wednesday, August 29, 2001 12:46 PM
sfne guy & Newtron:

What's your problem? Give Grant credit for making a web site about coasters, and a lot of them. I don't see any of you two making a site.

sfne guy,

If you don't have anything good to say, then don't reply to this, or any post that isn't "cool" by your standards.

Edit: sfne guy said "well bashing a well preserved well everything Family park gets on my nerves if you went there youd see what I mean."

You might want to work on your grammar. "Youd?" Are you trying to say "you would?" It would sound better like this:

"Bashing a well persevered family park gets on my nerves. If you are able to go there sometime, you would see what I mean."

-------------
"Duff Man Says... Ohhhhh Yaaaaa!"
Current Favorite Coasters:
1)Raging Bull 2)Millennium Force 3)Medusa (SFMW) 4)Vertical Velocity (SFGAm) 5)Dueling Dragons (Ice)

*** This post was edited by StealthmF5m3 on 8/29/2001. ***

+0
Wednesday, August 29, 2001 12:53 PM
You have never been to this park right dont bother commenting on it yet.

*** This post was edited by sfne guy on 8/29/2001. ***

+0
Wednesday, August 29, 2001 5:55 PM
I'm amazed that somebody can get so upset over a gravel parking lot.
-----------------
everything's better with a banjo
+0
Wednesday, August 29, 2001 7:43 PM
I'm amazed that these guys are still arguing about any of this. Big deal, the guy didn't like the park that much. He has his opinion, and seems like a reasonable person.
+0
Friday, August 31, 2001 11:47 AM
Stealth:
Okay, I will give Grant credit for being able to make a website.  But I still think his park reviews all have a negative tone to them.
*** This post was edited by Newtron on 8/31/2001. ***

*** This post was edited by Newtron on 8/31/2001. ***

+0
Friday, August 31, 2001 12:22 PM
Sorry I missed this earlier, but if you have a park review, post it here. Otherwise you're just spamming.

-----------------
Jeff - Webmaster/Admin - CoasterBuzz.com
"From the global village... in the age of communication!"
Watch the grass grow!

+0

Closed topic.

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...