Kennywood closed Friday 9/19/03

Thursday, September 18, 2003 10:02 AM
Just got back from taking my daughter to pre-school and a local radio station (WXDX) announced that Kennywood would be closed tomorrow due to impending weather from hurricane Isabel. Phantom Fright Nights will resume Saturday 9/20.

Just wanted to let everyone know in case anyone was planning on going tomorrow.

+0
Thursday, September 18, 2003 1:41 PM
On the new display sign on Kennywood Boulevard (the road, not the site) it says "Park Closed Friday due to Private Party for Izzy." That made me chuckle.

------------------
Isn't it nice, sugar and spice, luring disco darlings to a life of vice.

+0
Thursday, September 18, 2003 2:07 PM
Fridays aren't the busier of the two nights anyway due to football games, but alas, its just $$$

------------------
2002/2003
KWTM

+0
Thursday, September 18, 2003 3:19 PM
LOL, kpjp. Someone's got a good sense of humor.
+0
Thursday, September 18, 2003 3:56 PM
Kennywood is closed as every mechanic is spending the entire day receiving and installing authentic Huss parts on the King Kahuna. Don't you guys know anything?

------------------
"Step on that lapbar and make it nice and tight!"

+0
Thursday, September 18, 2003 4:04 PM
So I guess I will not be working tomorrow should I expect a call from my supervisers or do I just not show up?

------------------
Kennywood Team Member Since July 2003
Phantom Fright Nights Fridays & Saturdays
September 12 - October 25

+0
Thursday, September 18, 2003 4:11 PM
Ok nevermind I just checked my phone and it has a message from a "John". Who is he I never heard of him before. Maybe he's one of the new guys from Idelwild. Well anyways, that's one more day of sleep for me. I just hope that the storm isnt too bad and nothing happens to the park.

------------------

+0
Thursday, September 18, 2003 5:13 PM
Granted, the rain is probably to be out of the area by tomorrow evening. I think people at least really far inland are overreacting. It's not like Pittsburgh hasn't had it's share of rain this summer. I wouldn't want to be at kennywood tomorrow night, but it shouldn't be too horrible. I'll probably regret that statement as I'll get blown over tomorrow, but oh well.
+0
Thursday, September 18, 2003 6:48 PM
I would say if its just a light rain or mist tomorrow night, it would be a bad move, but hey, I just work there.

And Mike, does the park not opening at 6 really mean more sleep for you?

------------------
2002/2003
KWTM

+0
Thursday, September 18, 2003 7:12 PM
Well at least they chaged it from a hurricane to a tropical storm. It should be gone soon.

------------------
"Before you insult anyone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do insult them, you'll be a mile away and have there shoes.

+0
Thursday, September 18, 2003 7:37 PM
I love that new sign. Wish I had time to drive by the park tonight with a camera, I'd have loved to take that picture...

------------------
--Greg, aka Oat Boy
My page
"The safety word is 'banana'." -- Family Guy

+0
Friday, September 19, 2003 2:46 AM
yes beeman65 because I was sopossed to come in at 3 and with me getting up at 5:30 for school, I get really tired.

------------------

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC