I need explanation on this coaster terms!

Sunday, September 2, 2001 8:53 AM
Please, can someone explain to me the following:

Immelman, Batwing, Interlocking Corkscrews, In-line Twist, Dive Loop, Trim Brake, and whats the difference between Zero-G roll and Barrel roll?


Sunday, September 2, 2001 9:23 AM
Immelman-Half loop, then a half twist.

Batwing-http://coaster-network.com/bm/bm/montu.21.jpg  In the back of the picture.

Interlocking Corkscrews-http://www.coastergallery.com/2000/sfo08.html

Dive Loop-Opposite of the immelman, half twist, then a half loop.

Trim Brake-  A set of brakes used somewhere in the course of the ride, these are used to take off some speed.  Trim Brakes are commonly used on wooden coasters to keep the trains from tearing the tracks apart.  Trim Brakes should not be confused with Block Brakes, which is a straight portion of track in the middle of a ride with brakes.

Barrel Roll-http://www.coastergallery.com/2001/AW31.html  They are on straight pieces of track.

While Zero G rolls-http://www.coastergallery.com/2000/hp05.html(foreground) are usually at the tops of hills, providing negative gs while twisting.

Please disregard anything said by me that is incomprehensible, incoherent, or just dumb. I am and will be drained from the arduous school year, thank you!

Sunday, September 2, 2001 9:33 AM
yeah what he said.

oh and trim brakes are commonly used on steel coasters to lower inteensity is some areas.

welcome one and all, y'all come have a ball!
Things a bear-y fine, ridin' on the old knott's bear-y line!

Sunday, September 2, 2001 9:40 AM
Sunday, September 2, 2001 10:05 AM
I know of two places that have the best inversion discriptions around:

Coasterforce.com & JawCoasters, you might want to try coaster globe as well.


You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC