Holiday World 2006 announcement and construction photos added to Negative-G

Posted Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:15 AM | Contributed by Paul Drabek

Negative-G covered Holiday World & Splashin' Safari's 2006 announcement as well as recent construction shots. The park is adding a new Thanksgiving themed section as well as The Voyage roller coaster.

Link: Negative-G

Related parks

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 9:31 AM
Paul,

Thanks for all the great photos.

Brian

+0
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 9:56 AM
No problem. I'm glad you enjoyed them.
+0
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 7:16 PM
Thanks Paul. Having some photos really helped in putting the whole thing into perspective. It's going to be awesome to say the very least! I just don't know of another park I've been to that puts so much effort into everything they do...and yet, HW seems to be the best kept secret in the midwest.
+0
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:21 PM
Thanks, not much comes but wow! Its going to be one heck of a coaster!
+0
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:58 PM
HW is no secret in the midwest. Just look at their rising attendance numbers.
+0
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:27 AM
Does anyone know what their potential draw numbers are for where they advertise? Do they advertise all the way up in Indy? Over in Cincy? I wouldn't be surprised if they hit 1,000,000 this summer. If not this season, then next season no problem.
+0
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:39 AM
Well, I _do_ know they advertise as far west as Paducah, KY (if not further)...My sister in law lives there and we saw billboards for HW there in early June
+0
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:25 PM
I live on the NW side of Indy and there are two billboards each within a mile from where I live. I see them all over the city.

Brian

+0
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:54 PM
They advertise on Ft. Wayne T.V a lot also. They also have HW coupons in some of the fast food places in the surrounding towns. We are more than 5 hours away.
SFKK was running ads when Greezed lighting opened but have not ran a single commercial this year that I have saw. PKI has had only a few.
+0
Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:46 AM
You've seen HW advertise up here in Fort Wayne? What channels at what time? Any of the Amish 5 or just cable?
+0
Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:00 AM
I also live in Indy, and I've seen several HW commercials on TV, as well as the billboards Waterboy mentioned. I see HW ads a lot more than PKI, SFKK, or CP. With the new additions, they should have no trouble passing the 1,000,000 mark next year!
+0
Friday, July 22, 2005 10:45 AM
Damn... just watched the video, that's gonna be one hell of a coaster. I'm definitely gonna try to get down their next season, perhaps a pre-college road trip. Living in NY can be such a bother when i want to go to Holiday World :(
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC