Hints for SFWoA 2002

Monday, December 3, 2001 4:49 AM
I received in the mail the other day a postcard for 2001 season ticket holders to SFWoA. On the front it says "BIGGER and better in 2002. Stay tuned for details". At first I thought it was just the fact that they are getting killer whales, but the word "BIGGER" was is really emphasized. Could it be they are getting a hyper-coaster after all?
+0
Monday, December 3, 2001 6:54 AM
Has anyone recieved a postcard  for season pass holders from SFA yet?I didn't even get one for the 2001 season but I did back in 2000.
+0
Monday, December 3, 2001 10:05 AM
No. They will be adding a lost river and painting the tanks.
-----------------
Buckeye Lake's coming back! :)
My fellow Americans; Let's Roll!
WoodenCoaster.com
+0
Monday, December 3, 2001 1:33 PM
I don;t think they will be adding a new coaster seeing that they couldn't get zoning rights.  They're just making a big deal to try to attract more people.  I didn't get a postcard and I'm a season pass holder.  What's the deal?
-----------------
+0
Monday, December 3, 2001 2:38 PM
I got the post card and it mentioned having 10 coasters so I doubt they are getting a new coaster.
-----------------
Daniel Haverlock
magnum count :2166
www.spiritofthepoint.com
+0
Monday, December 3, 2001 2:40 PM
I don't really think they will be getting anything new for 2002. I mean they just built 5 rides in only 2 years. They can't just go on building big huge rides every single year. If these postcards are real they are probably just to attract attention to the park, since their attendence has been down lately.

-----------------
There is no force like Millennium Force!

+0
Monday, December 3, 2001 3:27 PM
I got the card too, they sent it to all of the 2001 season pass holders. SFWOA will be getting an Intamin Hyper in 2003. Construction will start in fall of 2002, they just need to get the zoning thing straightened out ----- For 2002......look for whales,  a VR theater, and possibly an Acrophobia Tower.

Nick] Webmaster]- www.AmusementMania.com -

*** This post was edited by onekong on 12/3/2001. ***

+0
Monday, December 3, 2001 4:02 PM
DL will also be getting new harnesses.
-----------------
Steve
Staff
SFWoA Online
+0
Monday, December 3, 2001 4:10 PM
Steve, are your serious? Will they be OTSRs or lapbars?
-----------------
Buckeye Lake's coming back! :)
My fellow Americans; Let's Roll!
WoodenCoaster.com
+0
Monday, December 3, 2001 5:28 PM
DL will be getting OTSRs

Nick]Webmaster]- www.AmusementMania.com  

-----------------

+0
Monday, December 3, 2001 5:30 PM
I got the card today and found it less than inspirational.

-----------------
Jeff - Webmaster/Admin - CoasterBuzz.com
"As far as I can tell it doesn't matter who you are. If you can believe, there's something worth fighting for..." - Garbage, "Parade"

+0
Monday, December 3, 2001 5:47 PM
Do all SF parks send out a postcard for previous season pass holders?  I've had season passes to SFKK for 2 years now and have never gotten the first mailing.   Not that I care too much just wondering. 
-----------------
God please let SFKK get something in 2002. ANYTHING!!
+0
Tuesday, December 4, 2001 3:35 AM
An Acrphpbia Tower does make sense.
+0
Tuesday, December 4, 2001 3:52 AM
Don't bet the wife and kids on any new major ride. SFWoA is definitely overdue for an "Improvements Season."

-------------
Jes
Webmaster, Jes's Roller Coasters
"Thank You Jeff Putz"

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC