Hershey approved to build over 300ft.

Sunday, July 1, 2001 2:54 PM
Hershey recently aquired the approval from the township to build something over 300 ft. I have heard alot of rumors about an S&S tower over the past year or so on others sites. Could that be what it is? I am still hoping to see that hyper coaster I have been hearing rumors about.
+0
Sunday, July 1, 2001 2:58 PM
If you have a link to some evidence of this, submit it as a news item, if not, maybe as a rumor.
+0
Wednesday, July 11, 2001 9:13 AM
Well? Any fact(s) to this?
+0
Wednesday, July 11, 2001 10:33 AM
Proof please. Until then, I'm not getting too worked up over this.

-------------
"I wasn't always this cynical, but then I started kindergarden..."
+0
Wednesday, July 11, 2001 10:53 AM
Were's the "OFFICAL ANNOUCEMENT" from Hershey Park. The tallest S&S ride I know of would be Valleyfair Power Tower peaks at 275 feet! If anything goes over 300 feet it would be a hyper.
+0
Wednesday, July 11, 2001 11:36 AM
I think you're forgetting Supreme Scream at KBF...the tallest S&S tower in the country at 312'. There may be others in Japan that are taller also, but Power Tower at VF! isn't the tallest.

-------------
"No listenin', you hear me?"
+0
Wednesday, July 11, 2001 12:23 PM

VIPER said:
"If anything goes over 300 feet it would be a hyper."
Well, to be technical, that would be a giga. But anyway, the new S&S tower ride like the one going in at Magic Mountain reaches past 300 feet, I believe. While I don't think that Hershey has it approved just because of this post, it's still a possibility.

-------------
Joshua Wilcox
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."
Formerly the buzzer known as "SFA"
+0
Wednesday, July 11, 2001 12:27 PM

Coaster Fantom said:
"Hershey recently aquired the approval from the township to build something over 300 ft. I have heard alot of rumors about an S&S tower over the past year or so on others sites. Could that be what it is? I am still hoping to see that hyper coaster I have been hearing rumors about."

Hey, if a steel coaster is built 300+ feet, it's called a giga-coaster, not a hyper.


-------------
SFGAm Trip - July 13-17, 2001
+0
Wednesday, July 11, 2001 12:50 PM

Legendary said:
"I think you're forgetting Supreme Scream at KBF...the tallest S&S tower in the country at 312'. There may be others in Japan that are taller also, but Power Tower at VF! isn't the tallest.



No, the 325 FT Supreme Scream is currently S&S Sports Power Inc.'s tallest model. The second one is tied between the 300 FT Power Tower at Cedar Point and The Riddler's Revenge at WB Movie World in Madrid Spain (Opening 2002).
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...