I am from San Diego, California and frequent DL, DCA, Knotts and SFMM. The only other coaster experiences I have had is Las Vegas.
1. Anyway to find cheap airfare to Cleveland. Right now the airfare is $500 from both SD and LA. Is it possible to find it cheaper or is it normal for it to be that price.
2. What is the best time for me to go in the summer.
3. What parks should I go to? Right now I am thinking SFWOA and PKI. Anything else I am forgetting?
4. Where should I stay at CP. Is it worth it to stay at the Hotel Breakers? Any tips for hotels near the other parks.
5. Is it too long and/or hard of a drive from Sandusky to Chicago. Is it really 4 hours or much longer? I am thinking about at least trying to catch a Cubs game at Wrigley.
Thanks for all the help.
PS. When do tickets for Solace usually go on sale?
I go in July and its not very crowded when I go. I mean its crowded but not normally durning the week.
SFWOA is about an hour away. PKI is about 1 hour and 1/2.
HAve fun and good luck.
You should go to Chicago. Its a great city, Wrigley is a cool stadium, and Cubs games are fun. Also, SFGaM is one of the best SF parks.
As Mitch always said, "2-in-1 is a BS term, because 1 is not big enough to hold 2. That's why 2 was created.."
Chitown is my hometown, great. SFGAm is a great park with almost everything to offer. If you catch a game at wrigley, sit in the bleachers (the best when drunk cubs fans yell at the players, it's tradition)
I am one.
I am Turbo.
Top Thrill in the front row... anything else is lame
2. The earlier in the summer, the better. The month of June isn't too terribly crowded at Cedar Point. July 4th weekend is one of the busiest of the year.
3. Those are good choices...Kennywood is not out of reach for you during your trip...might be worht considering.
4. I'd offer my house, but my mom wouldn't like that. Sorry ;-P
5. I can drive Chicago in about 5.5 hours, and I don't generally speed. (Ohio State Highway Patrol is very anal about speeders)
Also, Six Flags World's of adventure is about 1.5 hours away from CP and King's Island is about 3.5 hours away. Crashmando must have a really fast car.
Hope this helps!
You can play around with Priceline.com or some of the other travel.com's to try to get some great rates.
If you flew into Chicago, you could hit SFGAM, MIA, CP, PKI, SFWOA and KW and then fly out of Pittsburgh. Your Flights may be more expensive and the car rental will be more expensive, but you will hit all of the areas great parks.
Or you could do SFGAM, MIA, CP, SFWOA, PKI, SFKK and HW in one day, SFSL and then drive back to Chicago. A lot of driveng, but again, some great parks.
2003 Parks: Cedar Point, SFWOA, Kennywood, PKI, MIA, SFGAM, SFKK and HW.
Still deciding where to go in 2004.
You must be logged in to post