Greater Adventure Monday, Oct 9, 2007

Associated parks:
None

Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:42 PM
We arrived about 1130am. Less then 10,000 for the day. Since I rode KK and El Toro last fall several times, I opted to hit everything else. But, El Toro was moving lines all day I was told.

First ride was Chiller/Robin. Waited 2 trains. Smoothest launch ever. Just a little shake and bake turn where the roll was. Barely noticable in reverse. Then hit Scream Machine. Walk on for last seat. Spongebob was also a walk on. I skipped Superman. Those were line issues.

Rolling Thunder had 2 trains. I waited for 2 trains. Always rough. Hit Medusa. 2 train wait. Minetrain, 2 trains wait. Still cramped. Why is the tee-pee empty? Lunch at Nathans.

Skull Mt was a 1 train wait. Nitro was a 2 train wait, and rough. Batman was a walk on. Wiggles World looks very bright. Lots of kids enjoying the Big Red Car ride. Blackbeard was a walk on. Also saw the Dolphin Show. Those girls are quite easy on the eyes in the wet suits. New show coming this summer we were told.

Had a calazone at Momma Floras. I needed the heated sit down experience. The games looked great, and everyone was friendly. Saw many clean teams out and about.

However, being the crowd was low, I managed about 10 character photos with everyone, even Batman and Robin in the same shot. There was a character parade in the afternoon, with the Superheroes, and Bugs Bunny and pals on the busses.

I also heard some background music, which is rare except for Halloween, and there was a good type of people in the park. Also scored a Six Flags coaster in the gift shop for only $20. I will build it later and give an update.

Overall visit....8.5/10. Iffy weather and no El Toro. Only negatives.

+0
Friday, April 13, 2007 1:08 AM

Greater Adventure Monday, Oct 9, 2007

How the heck did you see into the futre at how the park was going to be?

+0
Friday, April 13, 2007 7:35 AM
so, how was robin? good? no good? fools wanna know!
+0
Friday, April 13, 2007 9:15 AM
The pic of the 3 of us is my desktop.
+0
Friday, April 13, 2007 11:38 AM
That is obviously APRIL 9th, not October. Not sure how that happened. Maybe Jeff can change it for me.
+0
Friday, April 13, 2007 4:51 PM
I was at Great Adventure on October 9. It took me almost EIGHT HOURS to get ONE RIDE EACH on Kingda Ka, El Toro, Superman -Ultamate Flight and Nitro! THE PARK WAS PACKED!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

*** Edited 4/14/2007 2:35:42 AM UTC by Borntocoast***

+0
Friday, April 13, 2007 5:35 PM
^ whats Kingdom Ka? Do you mean Kingda Ka. ;)
+0
Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:24 PM
Wow you have a lot to look forward to this October, lol. Nice trip report.
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC