Saturday, February 15, 2003 9:10 AM
For these questions, I am going to use Paramount's Kings Island as a model. It seems that we have several people on these boards who have a great knowledge of PKI, and will probably know they answers to my questions. Paramount's Kings Island is also similar to other major parks, so answers will probably be about the same if I were to compare them to Cedar Point, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Over Georgia, Six Flags Great Adventure, etc.
1. What is the maximum number of guests that PKI can hold?
2. How many acres is Paramounts' Kings Island's parking lot?
3. How many total acres is the park, including un-developed land?
4. How much money does PKI make on an average summer day?
5. How much does it cost to "rent" Paramount's Kings Island for a day?
Intelligence is a God given gift: Know how to use it.
*** This post was edited by CoasterKrazy 2/15/2003 4:06:23 PM ***
Saturday, February 15, 2003 9:23 AM
3) About 720 Acres
So you believe that you are studying us, then kindly explain why you are the ones trapped in your seats.
Saturday, February 15, 2003 11:52 AM
4. I can tell you our food service department makes around $30million dollars a year (this is our number from 2001). Divide that by approximately 120 days and people spend roughly $250,000 a day just in food at Kings Island. Now you can add in entrance costs, parking, merchandise, game and the like and you will get a nice sum of money. (Just a disclaimer, the other Paramount parks don't even come close to our revenue so don't think every park makes the same)
5. In order to "rent" out the park I think you need to have at least a certain amount of people. I'm not sure though, I can't really say. You can just bet its not cheap when you look at how much they would make on a normal day from point 4.