Dozens sick after visit to Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, Ohio

Posted Thursday, March 8, 2007 9:55 PM | Contributed by Jeff

Investigators have not conclusively determined why dozens of adults and children who visited the Great Wolf Lodge in southwest Ohio suffered rashes, coughing and other minor respiratory or flu-like symptoms. The Warren County and state health departments said the agencies have received about five complaints from groups or families since the beginning of the year. The park, which also includes a hotel, opened in December.

Read more from AP via WEWS/Cleveland.

Thursday, March 8, 2007 10:23 PM
rollergator's avatar "Park managers informed the county health department that the company that installed the park's ventilation system was asked to inspect it, Collins said."

Either the ventilation system was: insufficient, or not working properly. Seems to be the story...

+0
Thursday, March 8, 2007 10:43 PM
My guess is that the hotel had a few high readings while those people stayed there, but I don't want to accuse them of being negligent (innocent until proven guitly). From what I read, it should never go above 3ppm (parts per million). So hypothetically speaking, these guests either breathed in the fumes, or swallowed a higher chlorine concentration.
+0
Friday, March 9, 2007 9:19 AM
Rashes and breathing problems sound like a chlorine issue.
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...