Dorney Park, 6/15/10

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 11:20 PM

I wanted to get 1 more trip to Dorney in before schools let out causing the waterpark to be packed even on weekdays.

I got to the park a little after 3:00 and went to Dominator first. The ops are now saying "enjoy your ride on Dominator Green" (or Red). I also saw one of the old storage bins from Steel Force is in the enclosed room where some of the ops sit. Both sides were 1 cycle waits.

Thunderhawk had 1 train running with a couple of rows closed off (not the rows chained off, but problems with the rows). 1 train wait.

Steel Force had 2 trains running and had a full station, 3 train wait for the last row.

Possessed was closed the entire time I was at the park. This is my 4th trip to Dorney this season and 3 of those trips the ride has been closed the entire time I was at the park and 1 trip the ride was closed part of the time I was there which is when I got my only ride this season.

Since the waterpark was closing in 2 hours I went there next, I won't list every slide but in those 2 hours I got 21 slides in. It gets tiring after a while climbing all those stairs with little to no lines, I estimated I climbed around 1300 - 1400 stairs today (Patriot's Plunge alone is 82 steps and I went on those slides around 10 times), not counting any stairs on the ride side of the park. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but right at 6:00 when the waterpark closed, Semisonic's song Closing Time was playing.

The arcade is on a new token system, instead of 4 tokens for $1.00, it is 2 tokens for $1.00 and most games are still the same amount of tokens as they were last year so now everything costs a minimum of $0.50 to play and games that were $0.50 are now $1.00 to play.

After going back to the ride side, I went to Talon with a 1 train wait for the last row. I haven't ridden in the last row this season yet and forgot how much more forceful it is there. Hydra was also a 1 train wait and I rode twice, stopped at the Wild Mouse with a little less than a 10 minute wait and went back to Talon for 1 more ride.

Demon Drop had 1 car at the top of the lift and had 3 or 4 people working on the ride. The queue looks really short and I can see it filling up on more crowded days.

It was another good trip to the park with low crowds and I think I might like going to Wildwater Kingdom more than the ride side of the park.

+0
Wednesday, June 16, 2010 1:27 PM

Sounds like Possessed needs to be re-Possessed. Funny the schools aren't out down there. Ours have been out for a week already, but I recall they squeezed every possible day during the year to make up for snow days.

+0
Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:19 PM

Near me schools end Friday of this week, with Philadelphia ending Friday of next week. Allentown ends on Thursday. I checked the websites of the school districts to know what date I had to visit the park by.

I hope they can get Possessed running on a regular basis, it basically leaves only 4 coasters to ride with it closed (since the Wild Mouse usually has such a long line it isn't worth waiting).

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC