* The multi-milion dollar World of Color water nighttime spectacular officially launches two weeks from today alongside the official unveiling of the Silly Symphony Swings (Orange Stinger makeover).
- [BEFORE] Orange Stinger: http://z.about.com/d/gocalifornia/1/0/U/D/3/P6170273-a.jpg
- [AFTER] Silly Symphony Swings: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/dustysage/FridayVisions/2010...G_7207.jpg
* But the odd news is DCA is now called DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE, not Disney's California Adventure. Why they removed the possessive is beyond my understanding. It doesn't sound right to me.
* Anyway...here's the official TV promo for World of Color that will run beginning May 31 as well as a photograph of the park's new name and logo.Friday, May 28, 2010 8:21 PM
The non-possessive "Disney" is apparently the wave of the future. I've read that the other Disneyland Resort properties will lose the "'s"; WDW is a rather bigger challenge. And Disney's upcoming Winnie the Pooh film is officially "Disney Winnie the Pooh".
That sounds so wrong on so many levels. It doesn't even make sense to change it like that. If it aint broke...
That's TDA for you. A building full of MBAs looking for ways to justify their existence.... I'm sure they have a spendid Powerpoint presentation explaining why the apostrophe-s isn't needed.
You must be logged in to post