Hello. I am currently a junior at Eastern Michigan University. I am taking a spring class called Social Methods of Research. My final project is to conduct a survey research project. I chose to do it on Cedar Point and see how other people felt about it in comparison to other parks. In order to participate, you need to have been to Cedar Point in the last 3 years and at least visited a different amusement park within the last 3 years. You can either respond with your answer on the message board or you can e-mail it to me at email@example.com All responses e-mailed to me will be kept confidential. Also, if you e-mail me, please tell me which site you frequent more. This site or Guide to the Point. Please take some time to respond to this and be truthful and honest. Please select from the current factors listed. You can also give me more than one factor, but write down the strongest factor first. It's only 3 questions. My grade will reflect this study. Thanks for your time and enjoy. I will read responses for the next 5 days. Thanks.
1. When planning a trip to an amusement/theme park, what is your largest deciding factor in attending? Rides, Family Appropriate, Live Entertainment/Shows, or Food
2. Cedar Point offers a great selection of the factor you previously chose? Agree, Disagree, Undecided
3. Cedar Point is your favorite park to visit? Agree, Disagree (If you disagree, tell me your favorite park and 1-2 sentences why) *** This post was edited by Raptor_Rider 6/14/2003 12:27:22 AM ***
l. Rides. 2. Agree. 3. Disagree. It is one of my favorite two, but Kennywood is number one. I like the total ride selection better and the coaster lineup better. I like the woodie mix of Jack Rabbit, Racers and Thunderbolt better than Mean Streak-Gemini-Blue Streak. I like Phantom's Revenge and Exterminator more than any two steel coasters CP has. I like Noah's Ark and several other vintage rides at KW for which there is no counterpart at CP.
3. Agree. CP always delivers in every way. Rides, food, resorts, customer service are all superior to any park I've been to. We have been there eight times in the last three years. We have been to SFGAm (our homepark) three times in three years. CP is clearly superior IMO.
------------------ mela en coiamin Legolas... it aint the size of the arrow, its what you do with the bow
3. Disagree. SFGAm is my home park and a much closer drive. Another thing is the coaster selection. CP may have the most of any park, but for the ones that I would consistantly re-ride, SFGAm has about the same. If I was as close to the park as I am here to SFGAm (1hr - home | 15mins - work), it would prob. be my favorite. For me, location has a lot to do with it since both are top notch parks.
3. Reluctantly disagree. Although it's my home park and I consider it the best park of its kind, I visit it often. So, my favorite park to visit would be one I don't get to often. Maybe Knoebel's or IOA.
------------------ Without the chaindog, you'd never get up the lifthill...
3. Agree. Cedar Point is by all means my favorite park, Ive gone for the last for years and felt I was welcomed for my whole stay. Everyone was friendly, the ride selection is great, and the ride ops are entertaining.
3. Agree. I really like all the parks that I have been to (not all that many really). CP has a great variety of rides and the rides are high capacity. I don't mind waiting in a long line if we are at least moving. If two lines are both an hour long, but you move faster in one line, it makes the hour go faster. At least for me. ------------------ Lets go Drag racing.
Come on everyone. You can all help me out right? It only takes one minute and you'll be helping me out tremendously. Please respond. I would like to thank all those that have responded so far. You've been very helpful. Just need some more responses to make my study a better success. Thanks.
1. Rides 2. Agree 3. Agree. TTD is the most amazing coaster I've ever ridden, and alone worth the trip. Even if it's down, there is still so much more to do and see. PKI runs a very close 2nd with better wood and more intense flats, but I'd still stick with CP!
------------------ I've gotten the Point of life, and can now pass away a happy man!.......
Thanks to all those that participated. I know this study must have been forgotten about considering it made it back 5 pages. I didn't get as much response out of the site as I had hoped, but I got enough to make this study work. Thanks to everyone for helping me out.