CP Monday May 10 Great Day.

Associated parks:

What a great day, weather in the 80s, small crowds and a great park. I arrived at the park about 8:45 and parked around back. At 9:00 am, they opened the gates and started letting us in (half hour early). They soon realized their mistake and stopped letting guests in. I was maybe 10 or 12 people back in line for TTD when they opened it at 9:30 and headed for the second loading station and got the front seat of the forth train out of the station. I could have been in the first train, but wanted a front seat ride. What a rush, my first coaster ride of the year in the front front seat of TTD. I ran around and got back in line. I went for the second train again and got in line for the seventh row (that's all that they were loading). Then they opened row eight and I jumped right in. Only six rides all last year and I had two in under 20 minutes. Those were my only rides of the day as it was broke down the other times that I went by. They seemed to get it back up and running quickly, but there are still some bugs to work out.

Next, I ran over to MF. Two trains running, but the yellow one had the test dummies in it. The red train was still having work done to it and was down all day. I decided to ride in the back rather then wait for the front with one train operation. After that ride, I jumped in line for a second. It is running great. The only problem that I could see other than the red train being down was that the new ops were not catching the people too big for the seats and this was causing big delays as those people would close the lap bar and then couldn't get the seat belt fastened. The train would have to be unlocked and then rechecked after the person exited. It was about 10:45 so I thought that I would wait for my freeway stamp. I walked up expecting to wait to 11:00, but the nice lady there stamped my hand early.

I walked over to get a stamp for TTD, but they were not giving them out until 2 pm, so I took several rides on Magnum. It was running great with all three trains and no trims in the morning. They put the red train away later in the day and they had the trims on. Still walk on though.

Back to Gemini for a few quick rides and then back to MS. I noticed a lot of new wood and it was running a lot smoother. Not much trimming on the first hill if any, still a little slow through the second half though.

Jumped on the train and headed back to MF for my 1-2 freeway stamp. It was not needed as the line only extended back to the merge point. I was going to wait for the front, but another single rider got in line for the second seat, so I decided to take it with him.

Over to Mantis next, it was still one train operation. The second train was still in storage. They said that maintenance was going to get MF up and running and then get their second train up and running. I wonder if CP sent some of their maintenance crew to GL to help get them up and running?

I walked around to TTD and it was down, so I walked up to the front of the park to hit my favorite bird of pray. Raptor had all three trains running and was walk on. It was running strong with very little trim at the blocking brakes. After several rides, I grabbed a few on Blue Streak, same great old coaster.

After something to eat, I went over to WT, but it was down, so I rode Chaos. They finally got WT up, so I went over and it broke down again. I stayed in line about a half hour and they fixed it and I rode the back.

I got some fudge and took it out to my truck and went back in and TTD was down again so I headed back to MF for a few more rides. I could see TTD working again, but when I got over, it was down again.

It was about 6:30 and I was tired, so I hit Magnum one last time and headed home.

On one of my MF rides, I rode with a lady in the back seat. She latched her seat belt and the ride op told her that she couldn't ride because he could not pull enough slack out of her belt. He said that he needed to be able to pull 1 1/2 inches of slack out of the belt for her to ride. I have never heard of this and I can't get that much slack out of my belt either. After some discussion, he let her ride, but I could tell that she was upset. I emailed CP to ask if this is a new rule because of the SMROS accident or if the ride op was mistaken.

All in all it was a great day. I met a lot of people from all over the country and I don't think that I have ever been able to log in so many rides in one day. And still left before closing. *** Edited 5/12/2004 2:24:19 AM UTC by CP ismyhome***

#1 Steel: Sky Rush
#1 Wood: Voyage
#1Park: Holiday World

Some paragraphs PLEASE!!!
Great TR. I was watching the webcams periodically on Monday and noticed that there didn't seem to be a large crowd at the park. Glad to hear you got tons of rides in on everything you hit too!

There's a big discussion over at GTTP about the MF/Dragster seatbelts and the new rule. Maybe you can get some clarification from that.

This ain't no book you can close, when the big light hits your eyes. Cropduster-Riot Act-Pearl Jam
Sorry, I pasted it here and the paragraphs didn't come through.

#1 Steel: Sky Rush
#1 Wood: Voyage
#1Park: Holiday World

Thank you.
Nice TR!

I was also there on Monday, and it was the smallest crowd I have ever seen there on a regular operating day. It was great! Definitely one of the best days I've ever had at CP.

By leaving CP at 6:30 you missed out on this massive storm that blew in around 7:00, and unleashed a torrential downpour. Everybody got drenched, and there was a mass stampede for the parking lot. It wasn't that big of a deal though, since we certainly had gotten enough ride time in already.

Anyway, glad you had a good time.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2024, POP World Media, LLC