CP 5/14 Two hours of bliss.

Associated parks:

Saturday, May 18, 2002 10:31 PM

We arrived in Sandusky around 4 in the afternoon and checked into the motel promptly after arrival. After unloading all the luggage we (my sister and I) headed out to the park. She had never been to CP so I knew she was in for a big surprise. We traveled along and when we came around the bend and were able to see MF, she was very stunned. Pictures do NOT do any ride in this park justice. I, myself was stunned by the towering presence of WT. We get to the toll gates and asked if it would cost the full 8 bucks to park since she was just dropping me off to have my pass processed and they said that all we had to pay was just fifty cents to go through. What a great deal. She dropped me off at the front gate and we make arrangements for her to pick me back up when I call her. I head on over to the season pass processing office and had my pass within 10 minutes. I headed on over to a ticket booth and bought her ticket for the upcoming two days we would she would be visiting the park. The lady at the booth confused me greatly. She handed me 3/4 of a ticket and a printed receipt. She said that the receipt was good for the first day and then the other 3/4’s of the ticket was good for day one of Soak City, and day two of both CP and Soak City. I got really confused but she explained it all for me and it was all okay after that.

By this time, it was getting on 6pm and I knew I wasn’t going to be able to conquer the entire park so I decided to marathon WT and MF as much as possible. WT was first on my list as I was very curious to see if I was able to fit into the seat. I fit into it o.k. but didn’t have very much room to give. I got two rides in in the span of about 25 minutes or so. I had enough of the new toy so I had to head on over to my baby MF and sneak as many rides in as possible. I waited all of about 20 minutes or maybe 25 for the first ride. Everybody says it’s running slower this year. I can’t tell it. And to be honest I really don’t care if it’s running sluggish. It still delivered one heck of a punch. I got off and got right back into what should have been a 15 minute wait but ended up being a 30 minute wait due to weather. There was a group of about 10-12 college kids in front of me and they were hassling the offloading ride-ops about re-opening the ride. She told them that they were more than welcome to exit through the handicap gate and after about 25 minutes of waiting, they decided to exit. Just after the last person got through the gate the ride reopened. The entire line of people laughed at them. It was definitely justice at it’s best. After finishing off that ride of MF I headed back over to WT to find that there was about a 5-10 minute wait. I marathoned it for a total of about 6 rides that day. I was so happy at 8 pm when the park closed. I had my season pass, I got a head start by buying my sisters ticket for the next day, and I got the off-season edge taken away. On to day 2. :)

Pearl Jam + Roller Coasters = Heaven on Earth. :)


You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2022, POP World Media, LLC