Could SFMW be hitting us with a Superman in 2002?

Sunday, May 6, 2001 9:26 AM
A couple of weeks ago, I went to SFMW and I noticed something in almost every store of the park, Superman shirts and even postcards of Superman with an illustration of a coaster that looks like your flying with Superman. The postcard even reads: Fly with Superman in the future. I was stupid enough NOT to get one of these postcards. The next time I went, which was yesterday, I saw HARDLY any Superman gear and those Superman poastcards were bought or taken away from the stores. I think what SFMW is trying to say is that we may be getting a new flying coaster themed to Superman next year or sometime in the future. But, who knows?
+0
Sunday, May 6, 2001 9:30 AM
I SHURE HOPE SO! But geese ever scence Magic Mountain and some of the other Six Flag's parks have gone crazy with coasters it seems like everyone thinks thier park will get something huge every year. There is so much of this going on and it looks kinda bad but hey we all can dream!
+0
Sunday, May 6, 2001 10:40 AM
yeah but there are a lot of rumors that PGA is doing something big for 2002 and if they're true or not SFMW doesnt really want to take a chance and with the rumored purchase of the fair grounds they'll want to do something with it.

-------------
are you ready to go vertical... v2... SFMW... 2001 *** This post was edited by v2 on 5/6/2001. ***
+0
Sunday, May 6, 2001 2:52 PM
Well, all I can say is I truly hope they do. I don't know about a flying coaster, but some sort of coaster themed to Superman would be cool. Personally, I think they should stick with something original, but this IS Six Flags we are talking about. This is what I'm hoping for next year: PGA gets something "big", and forces SFMW to cough up the dough for an awesome hypercoaster from either Intamin or B&M. I really do think that if SFMW gets a hyper, it'll be a HUGE blow to PGA. V2 will make a nice dent, but I think a hyper would seal the deal. Just my opinion though. Peace. :)
-------------
Medusa at Marine World: the best coaster in the west!
+0
Sunday, May 6, 2001 7:18 PM
Well, wouldn't you say that Superman would be an appropriate way to theme a flying coaster? Probably even more appropriate than any othe Superman ride. [Same goes for Batwing(Batman)]

-------------
I'd Rather Be Riding Rollercoasters
www.mycoasters.homestead.com/mycoasters.html
+0
Sunday, May 6, 2001 8:21 PM
Superman, eh? Would anyone else here like to see the park continue with the animal theme and add an original ride? I would! But yeah, Coasterman J is right - this is Six Flags we're talking about. I wouldn't want to see a flying coaster at the park because frankly, I wasn't too impressed with Stealth. I would much rather see a hyper, as Coasterman J also mentioned. :)

-------------
Brian Grapes
SFMW Online- http://www.sfmwonline.f2s.com
+0
Sunday, May 6, 2001 8:45 PM
I think a hyper is SFMWs best bet because there isn't one in northern California so it would be one of a kind.

-------------
are you ready to go vertical... v2... SFMW... 2001
+0
Monday, May 7, 2001 4:42 PM
Flying coaster? With Stealth so close?
-------------
There are currently 11 coasters with the name Batman, 8 with the name Superman and 22 with the name Boomerang. Batman and Superman: The Ultimate Chiller Knight Flight Krypton Escape Ride.
+0
Monday, May 7, 2001 5:02 PM
I don't think it's a good idea for SFMW to hit us with a Superman. One punch from Supe and the park will be levelled! Sorry for being lame.

What with PGA nearby, a Flying coaster is a no-no. Unless it's a Beemer which is similar, so no! IMO, the park should get a 4D or a S:ROS Gigacoaster.

-------------
The Buzzer formerly known as CoasterG-d
+0
Monday, May 7, 2001 6:53 PM
Well, I doubt we'd get a giga, since the park is so close to residential neighborhoods. The people around the park would probably freak at a coaster over 225ft or so. I think a clone of S:ROS at SFNE would be perfect, since that coaster looks completely awesome. Heck, I'd take a clone of Nitro anyday also! :) I have a bad feeling that we won't see a hyper here soon, but I am hoping and praying we do. A 4D probably isn't likely since SFMM is getting one. I think SFMW would want to stay different from their southern brother. It would be cool though. Peace. :)

-------------
Medusa at Marine World: the best coaster in the west!
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC