College Question about Theme Parks

Wednesday, March 17, 2004 5:50 PM
I'm not sure if this post will be liked or not. But I was wondering is there any college out there that offers something in the study of theme parks. I don't mean mechanical engineer or making roller coaster, I'm more look for something to do with the overall park.
Wednesday, March 17, 2004 6:27 PM
I would think it depends what you are are looking for. I've never heard of a program at a University (I work at one) that offers specific "theme park" programs or classes, although I'm sure there's got to be some specific class out there somewhere.

As for a degree program, I doubt it. It's all job dependent. i.e., management for managing various aspects like food services, customer services, lodging, business management, etc. If you wanted to work in PR, you'd get a communications degree.

Wednesday, March 17, 2004 7:19 PM
A few months ago Coasterbuzz made a post saying that there is a class offered at some college that is all about roller coasters. The history, mechanics and things such as that, but other then that one class I have never heard of anything else. If you want to find that post you can try the search bar. If that doesn't work email me, because I think I have the official page for that class. I hope that help.s
Wednesday, March 17, 2004 7:51 PM
University of Central Florida has a program:

Wednesday, March 17, 2004 10:59 PM
I'm attending college next year and I'm going into the Public Relations field. I'm hoping one day to become a PR of an Amusement Park.
Wednesday, March 17, 2004 11:10 PM
Research Urban Planning and Design and Architecture programs if you're interested in the design of theme parks.

The design of attractions requires a number of disciplines, from artisans to engineers.


You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2019, POP World Media, LLC