Coasterpalooza 2002 held at Paramount's Great America

Posted Monday, June 17, 2002 4:42 AM | Contributed by Great American Thrills

PGA celebrated the 118th anniversary of the Switchback Railway, by hosting the second annual Coasterpalooza, an event which gave coaster enthusiasts a behind-the-scenes look at the park. Photos from restricted areas, the park's boneyard, and the Coaster Shop are featured in this update.

Link: Great American Thrills!

Monday, June 17, 2002 2:47 PM
YES! I am so there!

-----------------
www.EverythingRollerCoaster.com
~Santa Cruz Trip Report just added with lots of pix!

+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 5:49 PM
Very cool pics. I love the Demon captions! Interesting to see the Arrow chassis and the wall of wheels, as well as the wheel assembly pieces and prices.
-------------
Brad Sherman
BuzzCon Frequent Flyer, helping to train new ride ops properly!
Model coasters and rides
+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 7:52 PM
CCO, too bad you'll have to wait till next year, it already happend! Anyway, was their any information on a new ride for next year? Last year they hinted at adding more traditional rides and they did just that with the Flying Eagels and Delirium.

-------------
X-Flight World's Only flying coaster!
Batwing World's only flying coaster!
S:UF World's only flying coaster! Don't you love SF ?

+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 8:06 PM
Derek Hanna(our tour guide)brought us up to the land by Top Gun and said something about an out-n-back hyper that trails into the parking lot.

-----------------
"I took the highway to the danger zone"

+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 8:37 PM
Actually I was right next to Derek Hanna who is the PR rep for Paramount's Great America and I asked him about all the space that they had. He replied that there was rumor about a hyper coaster that started with an elevator like-lift system to alleviate the need for a big lift hill. When I asked him if they had a height ceiling, he said yes and it was 220 ft. He followed up by saying that he didn't know what happened to the "hyper-coaster" rumor, but he indicated he had not heard anything for awhile.

-----
Randy Overbeck
http://www.overbeck.net

+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 9:10 PM

Keep checking the GAT!

You may find clues.....HAHAHA....HA HA......H cough choke. Now my eyes are watering.

Im glad you guys like the pics, i actually have a bunch more. I TOOK 299!

-----------------
Yes I do work for the site www.greatamericanthrills.com. Thanx for asking!

+0
Monday, June 17, 2002 9:53 PM

I meant it as "I'm so there" as in one of the pix! I had soooooooo much fun! I LOVE that park.

-----------------
www.EverythingRollerCoaster.com
~Santa Cruz Trip Report just added with lots of pix!

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC