CoasterCon Questions/Census

Tuesday, June 10, 2003 8:17 AM
This Sunday starts 2003 CoasterCon, and I can't wait. But, I've got some general questions that maybe some of you can answer.

Here is a Link to the CoasterCon Flyer.

Nightride, his Dad, and I already sent in our registration information, so will they send tickets or anything to us before it starts?

If not, do they know where we pick up our stuff? Is that when they say Event Registration on the flyer?

Do you have to register to attend each individual ERT, or do you just show up? Also, how will you know where to meet before each ERT?

Nightride said that one day, his dad won't be able to attend one of the days at BGW, but his mom might drive us. Will she be allowed to stay in area during that ERT? She doesn't like rides (I don't think) so she won't be riding, just waiting for us.

If there is any general things that I should know about CoasterCon stuff, just say so here. This is my first event, and I want things to go smoothly.

Finally, if you plan on going to CoasterCon, post it here, and any questions that you might have.

------------------
Free Falls on Drop Zone: 10!
Batwing Flights: 7!
Superman: Ride of Steel Airtime-age: 10!
*** This post was edited by RCTfan 6/10/2003 12:18:34 PM ***

+0
Tuesday, June 10, 2003 8:38 AM

RCTfan said:

Nightride, his Dad, and I already sent in our registration information, so will they send tickets or anything to us before it starts?

If not, do they know where we pick up our stuff? Is that when they say Event Registration on the flyer?


No, You will pick up your registration material between 1pm and 5pm on Sunday June 15, 2003 at the Radisson Fort McGruder. If you can't get there between those times you must contact David Bird in advance to schedule an alternate time. I do believe that there may be a registration period on Monday June 16, 2003 between 7:30am and 8:15am. I would recommend though that you get there on Sunday between 1pm and 5pm to reduce any hassle.


RCTfan said:
Do you have to register to attend each individual ERT, or do you just show up? Also, how will you know where to meet before each ERT?

Yes you must be registered for the whole event to attend each individual ERT session. If you are not registered you will not likely be allowed to attend ERT. You will need to where your badge during ERT in order to get ERT rides. As far as where to meet look at the tentative schedule and show up at those rides. There will likely be a finalized ERT schedule when you get your registration packet.


RCTfan said:
Nightride said that one day, his dad won't be able to attend one of the days at BGW, but his mom might drive us. Will she be allowed to stay in area during that ERT? She doesn't like rides (I don't think) so she won't be riding, just waiting for us.

This will be something you may have to ask an official from either ACE or BGW. I have my doubts however. She may be allowed to sit in the car in the parking lot during ERT however.


RCTfan said:
If there is any general things that I should know about CoasterCon stuff, just say so here. This is my first event, and I want things to go smoothly.

Just try to pace yourself and have fun. Drink lots of water as it can get quite hot out there on some days. Be prepared for unexpected thunderstorms. Last time I was there that happened every day at least twice a day.

Also if you want some really scrumptious steak to eat I would recommend the Yukon Steakhouse which is in town at 1735 Richmond Road, (757) 229-1501
(Near by to Hilton Garden Inn) and not in the park.


RCTfan said:
Finally, if you plan on going to CoasterCon, post it here, and any questions that you might have.

Unfortunately I will not be attending Coaster Con this year. But to those that are have fun.

Jeremy
beast7369
------------------
Zero G Thrills - Moved and Improved
*** This post was edited by beast7369 6/10/2003 12:45:34 PM ***

+0
Tuesday, June 10, 2003 8:43 AM
Hey RCTfan,

I'll be at Con on a Con-Quest with my fellow Con-Quest-A-Dorks....and I think I can answer a few of your questions...

RCTfan said:
This Sunday starts 2003 CoasterCon, and I can't wait. But, I've got some general questions that maybe some of you can answer.

Here is a Link to the CoasterCon Flyer.

Nightride, his Dad, and I already sent in our registration information, so will they send tickets or anything to us before it starts?

No tickets will be sent to you via mail.

If not, do they know where we pick up our stuff? Is that when they say Event Registration on the flyer?

Yes. You need to go to the Radisson Fort McGruder (info on the flyer) to register. If you can't make the registration times, you need to make other arrangements with ACE, as noted on the flyer.

Do you have to register to attend each individual ERT, or do you just show up? Also, how will you know where to meet before each ERT?

You'll get tickets/ID/whatever you need to make each ERT at the time you register. Where to wait will either be detailed in the packet or announced during the event.

Nightride said that one day, his dad won't be able to attend one of the days at BGW, but his mom might drive us. Will she be allowed to stay in area during that ERT? She doesn't like rides (I don't think) so she won't be riding, just waiting for us.

If she doesn't have a ticket/ID, she may not be able to come into the park.

If there is any general things that I should know about CoasterCon stuff, just say so here. This is my first event, and I want things to go smoothly.

Finally, if you plan on going to CoasterCon, post it here, and any questions that you might have.

------------------
Free Falls on Drop Zone: 10!
Batwing Flights: 7!
Superman: Ride of Steel Airtime-age: 10!
*** This post was edited by RCTfan 6/10/2003 12:18:34 PM ***


------------------
Mike Miller - SFMM: We don't care. We don't have to. You all keep coming back anyways, no matter how bad we treat you.

+0
Tuesday, June 10, 2003 8:49 AM

BaSSiStiSt said:

No tickets will be sent to you via mail.


Last year when I went we had to pick up our tickets at the hotel where the registration is at. I did not get mine mailed to me last year. It sure would have been easier if they did mail it though.
------------------
Zero G Thrills - Moved and Improved

+0
Thursday, June 12, 2003 8:16 AM
I guess they do what they can to save costs, considering the packet you get with your tickets and badge is pretty thick.

See ya guys there!

-Tina

------------------
Feel The DragsterGasm....
www.intenserides.com

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...