Posted Monday, May 21, 2007 7:15 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Six Flags New England neighbors complain about traffic.
- Is it OK for state governments to fund private projects like amusement parks?
- The PBA at Six Flags St. Louis. Pro bowlers used to be fat and not good for TV.
- Cedar Point food pricing sure is out of control.
- Tony Hawk theme on a spinning coaster? You bet, and it really works.
- Six Flags Over Georgia is 40, and seems to be one of the gems in the chain.
- WSJ reviews some VIP programs. Yes, we knew Six Flags was under-pricing it.
- Geauga Lake gets scaled down, but we're excited that Villain got some off-season love.
- Gonch saw Quiet Riot at Conneaut Lake once.
- Cedar Point is actually expanding its hours this week. Clearly the Maverick "issue" isn't an issue at all.
- The Oakwood Hydro accident is still under investigation? Are you kidding?
- Jeff is excited to ride Renegade.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast
Monday, May 21, 2007 10:49 PM
Gonch, I worked at CLP when Quite Riot played. Good times.
Monday, May 21, 2007 11:30 PM
I was at Knotts a few weeks ago and feel that Ghostrider needs some work. It felt much more rough than when I rode it in 2003.*** This post was edited by Jason Hammond 5/21/2007 11:55:09 PM ***
Monday, May 21, 2007 11:33 PM
Gonch, a friends band just opened up for Quiet Riot at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA about a month or 2 ago. I thought it was pretty funny. There are certain bands from the 80's that I still like, but they just aren't one of them. Maybe some classic Motley Crue from the 1st 2 records. ;)
Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:35 AM
Ha! Who knew Quiet Riot would illict a response? :)
And to make the story even more 'special' - going to that show (which we almost didn't do) set off a series of events that led to me meeting the woman I'm now married to a few weeks later.
We owe our marriage to the Cheap Trick/Quiet Riot show at CLP. Go figure.
And yeah, Coasterfantom2 - Crue! \m/
Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:46 AM
at the show?
Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:24 AM
Floppie was one of my favorite parts of the BMG show. :)
Tuesday, May 22, 2007 2:18 PM
On the VIP front, Al Lutz over at miceage put up an extensive review of the Universal Studios Hollywood package:
Tuesday, May 22, 2007 2:35 PM
That does sound like a very cool time, Brian.
Interesting that on that day they had 16 people paying for the $199 tour and two paying $1000 for the private tour. I wonder if those numbers are high, low, average or what?
Still think there's a lot more interest in this sort of experience than the forums around here generally give credit.
Friday, May 25, 2007 8:35 PM
I think you'll all be pleasantly suprised with Villain's retracking... Another GREAT reason to come to GL and EXT ;).