Posted Tuesday, February 13, 2007 6:49 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Greg and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Silver Dollar City opens up its own medical facility for its employees. We make the observation that the insurance companies have it all wrong, and this kind of preventative action is a good thing.
- Kings Island officially will get the ride formerly known as a X-Flight from Geauga Lake, and they'll call it Firehawk (groan).
- Universal Orlando starts pitching its value, and invites the direct comparison to the mouse.
- Greg is glad to see BMRX find new life at Camelot in the UK.
- Disney launches a new Web site, but Jeff complains the beauty is only skin deep.
- Cedar Fair releases its results for 2006, almost as a non-event. No news is good news, right?
- Wild West World ahead of schedule, Ghost Town making a come back attempt.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 8:00 PM
Not that I can't type it out for myself, but you forgot to attach the Podcast site link.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 8:04 PM
Duh. Maybe if I got it up on time last night.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:38 PM
You sounded unsure of the Cedar Fair unit price. "FUN" has been around $28 for about 4 months.
link*** This post was edited by Jason Hammond 2/13/2007 9:41:10 PM ***
*** This post was edited by Jeff 2/13/2007 10:11:30 PM ***
Wednesday, February 14, 2007 12:30 AM
I just realized you said you had a pretty firm date for BeastBuzz but never told us what day it is. Can we have that info?
Nice music, BTW. :)
Wednesday, February 14, 2007 12:42 AM
Not until Maureen gets back to me to agree.