Posted Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:40 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Catherine, Greg and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- The crew welcomes Catherine Cortright to the show. Recorded from Cedar Point's Lighthouse Point on the day of BooBuzz.
- Wha-what? Chocolate.
- Holiday World auctions off lots of old stuff. Dudes want a urinal in their house.
- LucasArts called, they wanted Jeff to check out the new coaster game.
- Busch raises money for their conservation efforts. We like Busch, and we think they're good people. Cath says animal lovers are all over the place on the issue.
- Skimming money off the top from the Busch Europe stroller rental. Stupid criminals.
- Better food at amusement parks? Give Pat and Greg any kind of crap on a stick.
- The Six Flags dress code and behaviour policy. Yeah, that'll last.
- CoasterBuzz isn't about booting people. It's not about Jeff either.
- There are so many cool aquariums in the U.S., and the Georgia facility did 3 million people in their first year.
- Which podcasts have been most listened to?
- Catherine explains why population control via the males (in reference to last week's story about the Animal Kingdom vet going to do elephant vasectomies) is all wrong.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast
Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:11 PM
I'm happy to see you guys make a jab against me with the Tony thing. No hard feelings. I asked TWICE, and I think a "special guest" makes the show more interesting and he said he would be coming back in a few weeks. Nothing was said so asked, no response, so I asked again, and got this response. Just to back myself up on the subject.I'm obsessed with Cedar Point, not one of their PR directors.
No lie, I love the show, but I just had a question and got this kind of response. Keep up the good work.
*** This post was edited by gomez 10/22/2006 11:14:04 PM ***
Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:12 PM
He didn't say that... I said maybe we'd have him on again. It's not even his choice.
But he sends his love.
Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:15 PM
I guess I misunderstood.
Monday, October 23, 2006 12:01 AM
Catherine needs to become a regular on the podcast. I was very entertained throughout the entire podcast. Thanks again for executing such a great event, Jeff.
Monday, October 23, 2006 12:31 PM
This should be referred to as the ADD podcast. And Jeff, you should have put a warning about listening to this at work. I've almost been laughing out loud (thankfully caught myself) a couple times and I've still got 15 minutes to go.
I agree with JY, Catherine needs to be on more often.
And her enthusiast voice sounds like Stan's cousin from South Park.
*** This post was edited by Juggalotus 10/23/2006 12:41:20 PM ***
Monday, October 23, 2006 10:37 PM
Best Podcast Ever.
btw... Jeff how did the video turn out. Did you have plans to post it?
Monday, October 23, 2006 11:43 PM
Yeah, I'm compressing the video now. Will probably appear on PointBuzz tomorrow. I'll likely do a news item when it's up.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:33 AM
Loved this Podcast I almost lost my game of NCAA 2007 well listening to it I was laughing so hard HaHa. Good Job.
Thursday, October 26, 2006 5:39 PM
Great Podcast !
I love what Chatherine brought to the tabel, and again Catherine needs to be on more often.