Posted Monday, October 9, 2006 7:13 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Greg and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- The cockroach promo with Six Flags: Good or bad idea?
- PETA still says roaches have feelings too.
- Folks around Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom say the promotion is all about child abuse and poor kids. Are you kidding?
- Does this thing send the wrong message for the new "family friendly" Six Flags?
- Mark Shapiro gets a 30% raise as the CEO of Six Flags. The pros and cons of executive compensation.
- Greg just got back from Germany, and toured amusement parks there.
- Holiday World hits one million visitors! (Correction: We thought that Will Koch predicted a million by 2010, but actually that was 2 million by 2010!)
- Check out BooBuzz 2006 at Cedar Point. Exclusive ride time on Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast
Monday, October 9, 2006 9:21 PM
I enjoyed the podcast this week, I just wanted to let Jeff know planes don't make fuel stops anymore, unless unusual conditions arise. ;)
Monday, October 9, 2006 11:17 PM
Uh, they've gotta put gas in the tank at some point!
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 12:41 AM
Is Tony from CP coming back soon?
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 7:39 PM
They don't make dedicated fuel stops, but they DO refuel when they pull up to the gate between flights. On really short hops, they may turn around the jet so quickly they don't bother with the refuelling part.
*** This post was edited by GregLeg 10/10/2006 7:39:39 PM ***