Posted Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:48 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Rob and Mike review a busy week of news in the amusement industry.
- Six Flags starts to court suitors for its auction, but Dan Snyder isn't among them.
- Local officials around Luna Park head off legal trouble for the park regarding noise complaints. Finally, supporting a vital local business.
- Paramount's Kings Dominion announces Italian Job Stunt Coaster. The trend toward quality family attractions continues.
- Michigan's Adventure finally settles dispute with local government to get city water service to the park. What's next? Campground and resort facilities? A year-round indoor water park and hotel?
- Cedar Point's White Water Landing is just days away from its demise. The classic ride will be missed.
- Faulty brakes are cited in the California Screamin' accident at Disney's California Adventure. Chalk this one up to "stuff happens?"
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast
Monday, October 17, 2005 12:32 AM
Great editing, Jeff. Seriously.
Do I always talk that much? ;)
Monday, October 17, 2005 1:42 AM
Do you ever shut up? ;)
What was Mike drinking, and who came to visit Rob? ;)
*** This post was edited by TeknoScorpion 10/17/2005 1:56:40 AM ***
Monday, October 17, 2005 2:17 AM
Yeah, I just kind of kept going....
My next door neighbor was missing her dog, and was just freaking out, so the timing to "lose Mike" was good. I talked to her, then Mike was back, and we went back to it, so to speak.
Monday, October 17, 2005 12:15 PM
Mike was drinking a microbrew from some East-coast brewery... err, I mean Mike was drinking a cola.
Monday, October 17, 2005 12:30 PM
Well thank you for addressing my financials question ;)
Monday, October 17, 2005 1:12 PM
Do you always talk about yourself in the third person, Mike? ;)
Monday, October 17, 2005 7:41 PM
The sound quality of this one is much better than the other three.
Monday, October 17, 2005 8:34 PM
That's because it was easier for Jeff to toggle the sound between 3 people. I was the only "phone" voice, so that made it easier too.
Hope you enjoyed it. We had a heck of a time getting this one done. ;)
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:49 PM
I love the bloopers at the end. They add to the personality of the show. Thanks to all who contribute to it!
Though, I'm sure Jeff is paying you big bucks. ;)
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:21 PM
Ya Jeff pays us in Pesos... 1 Peso per show.
And no, Mike does not always talk about Mi.. damn there I go again. Actually, not too many people, other than the campfire folks at the Coasterbuzz Fall Affair know who "Mike" is.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:21 PM
You should've negotiated a better contract, onceler. I'm in a new house after doing just 2 podcasts.
A couple more and I can put the kids through college and retire.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:53 PM
Ah....The Fame...The Fortune.
Can I have your autographs?
Seriously, nice job to everyone involved. It's nice to be able to listen to people talk about the industry, rather than just reading about it.
Don't spend all your Pesos at one park!
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:04 PM
Jeff's converted my pay to Lira.