Posted Monday, June 26, 2006 12:12 AM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Where has the CoasterBuzz Podcast been?
- Kids injured on Six Flags Great America's Tornado slide. Rider behavior issue? We suspect it is.
- Marriage on a roller coaster.
- Columbus Zoo scores Wyandot Lake stuff.
- Disney sued over Mission: Space death.
- Cedar Fair's public offering.
- The Gravity Group is on the up and up. Good for them!
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Now with more Depp!
- Cedar Fair and Paramount Parks show us the money.
- What time is it right now at Indiana Beach?
- Zippin Pippin saved from certain death, but now what?
- Alternative parking against the Six Flags parking machine.
- Six Flags stock tanks when Shapiro gets honest. Wall Street is over-reacting.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast
Monday, June 26, 2006 1:21 AM
Re Indiana Time Zones:
Having spent my college years in Indiana I can shed some light on the stupid time rules of the state pre 2006:
While a small part of the state observed daylight savings time (both on central and eastern) the majority of the state was on EDT the entire year. Therefore during the winter Indiana was on "New York" time and during the summer it was on "Chicago" time.
However starting this spring, the state began observing daylight savings time and actually followed the time zones which makes most of the state on eastern time.
Monday, June 26, 2006 1:35 PM
No BeastBuzz Podcast? Shucks.
Monday, June 26, 2006 1:39 PM
Not this week, but it will
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:36 AM
I've been to a couple Disney sites (mostly when I was planning our honeymoon and then shortly after) and when the POTC update was announced, there wasn't much complaining about it. In fact, one of the stories I read said that the reason they were doing it was because people were complaining the ride DIDN'T have Cap'n Jack and Captain Barbossa. And while I think these people should be slapped upside the head for that, as long as the update is done tastefully and doesn't overrun the attraction with zombie pirates I think it'll be ok.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:51 AM
WOTS is that the Pirates revonation is excellent.
"Kids injured on Six Flags Great America's Tornado slide. Rider behavior issue? We suspect it is."
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:29 PM
I have NO knowledge either way, but from experience, I can see the possibility that when the girls hit the bottom of the trough that their hands MIGHT have come off the handles, leaving them likely to fall off the rafts....hold on TIGHT is the rule for those things.