Posted Monday, May 8, 2006 11:10 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Greg review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Not a single mention of Six Flags this episode!
- Mason considers taxing Paramount's Kings Island admission. Biting the hand that feeds?
- Cedar Fair revenue down in first quarter, in part because of soft occupancy at Castaway Bay.
- More borrowing drama for Conneaut Lake. They can't keep borrowing forever.
- Big S&S swings open at Cedar Point and Kennywood. Much better rides than we thought!
- We tried HD video from Cedar Point's media day, and passed 59 gigs of data through our server in one day!
- Motionless Mission: Space. What's the point?
- Kentucky TV station loses defamation suit. You have to be pretty stupid to get into that situation.
- The Voyage opens at Holiday World. Haven't found anyone say anything bad about it yet.
- Please... if you want to join CoasterBuzz Club for entry to events coming in the next few weeks, don't wait!
- BeastBuzz is coming up at Paramount's Kings Island on June 17. Sign up today!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast
Monday, May 8, 2006 11:54 PM
Sorry I missed this week guys. :(
- Interesting comment on convention business at the waterpark. Kalahari is opening a convention center in August.
- Told you guys the Frisbee and Screaming Swing gave totally different rides. ;)
- My plan is to hit HW a day or two before BeastBuzz. (hopefully)
There! It's just like I was able to do the podcast with you guys.
Tuesday, May 9, 2006 12:49 AM
Something major will happen? That's vauge.
Tuesday, May 9, 2006 8:56 AM
Well, start dreaming. What would be major?
Tuesday, May 9, 2006 9:07 AM
As if you don't already know! ;)
Tuesday, May 9, 2006 9:19 AM
Great podcast. I myself have been doing the "I've got to get to Holiday World" dance. Not sure when I'm going to go, but I will get there sometime!
Something big, eh? I want to be in the know. Jeff, you suck! :)
Tuesday, May 9, 2006 9:33 AM
As Colonel Klink would say, "I know NOTHING!"
Tuesday, May 9, 2006 2:01 PM
^That would be Sergeant Schultz, skipper
Tuesday, May 9, 2006 4:23 PM
Ah, whatever...I'm not old enough to remember either one.