When they dispatch the darn things every 15 minutes!!! Making the wait even longer. I once witnessed two ride ops carrying on a personal converstion while we sat there for 5 minutes waiting to be dispatched! How irritating. I won't say what park it was, cause that would start a whole different topic.
I don't like waiting in line to begin with but why do people behind you feel you need to be right on top of those people in front of you. I like to leave a little space between me and the people in front of me. Standing one inch away from them is not going to get me on the ride any sooner. I wish for the people in line behind me to not force me forward by standing uncomfortably close to me. I enjoy talking with people in line and dicussing what parks we have been to or coasters we have been on but please keep a respectable distance!
When a coaster breaks down and yes the trim brakes, it just slows the momentum down and the fun and the whole ride after that. I have been lucky enough to ride raptor with the trims off a few times and man that ending is so improved. But yeah it is good with the brakes too.
Annoyances: (1) Smoking in line. (2) People getting irritated when the line has a huge gap in it, when it's in the middle of the que (15 mins. from the station)...relax, we will all get there at the same time, trust me. (3) Back seat on Mantis last year, we get the car that two women hurled in, cleaned, then air dried. (4) Novice Coaster experts that are telling their non-educated friends that "a B&M is an Arrow", that "this coaster has the same g-forces of the Shuttle", and that "6 people died on this coaster in 1988..." They should be forced to watch NASCAR, the NBA and a golf tournament all at the same time. It's better than Kevorkian! I like all 3, but only if I need a good nap. Anyways... (5), Obese women with large lungs trying to fit into a car the size of a jewelry box.
Thanks for playing!
I once saw a 500 pound woman trying to get her arms through the restraints on King Cobra. Funniest thing I've seen in years, but took forever. Just butter her up real good, and put some elbow grease into it!
1. People sitting on the rails in the waiting queue only for the ride op to say every five minutes "can you please not sit on the queue lines" only for some moronic kid to pretend like he/she did not hear the ride op and then the ride op has to single the moron out. Five minutes later the kid gets off of the queue rail. That really pisses me off because every second that ride op is not dispatching, every second more I have to wait.
2. People making out in line, come on gimme a break, how is it that me and my fiancee can stand in a 2 hour line and not even kiss once. I think it is ridiculous for couples to have the need to make out while waiting. One time in PKD it was so obnoxious I told them to stop or get a room.
3. Heavy people WHO KNOW they will NEVER fit on the ride but are gonna die trying.
4. Ride ops who do not clean up puke well.
5. Guys who have to go topless to show off their tattoos only for the ride op to say "you have to wear a shirt to ride this ride" for the umteentn millienth time.
6. Indecisive people who stand in the queue line saying "I dont want to go on this ride" then GET OUT OF LINE MORON.
7. Ride ops who are lame and do not take advantage of single riders.
8. People who argue with ride ops over carry ons.
9. Ride ops that barely check your restraints.
10. Brakes of any kind. (unless they are stopping you from crashing into the station).
Like my girlfriend always says "I love a big woodie to ride"
The headache inducing shoulder harnesses on Outer Limits at PKI. I realize they're probably necessary, but I'll never ride that damn thing again. (Okay, that's a specific ride example, but it really bugs me.)
*** This post was edited by JENOVA on 5/12/2000. ***
Coaster names are begining to annoy me. Stuff like Superman and Batman. Comon Six Flags you can think of a better name! I just think that the whole superhero theme is dumb. The one thing I did like though was at IOA. Marvle Island (or whatever it's called) had some GREAT themeing. Superman should have been saved for coasters like Stealth.
Yuor right. Six Flags names suck so much. Batman this and Batman that. I think coasters sound with names that are fierce real or mythlogical animals. ex. Viper, Anaconda, Wildcat; or natural phenomena. ex. Cyclone, Vortex.
Get Caught by the Cat!
That's true, too. I agree that Six Flags had a good thing going with all of the super hero names, but come on now, how many Superman's, Batman's do we have to have. I can't wait for Wonder Woman (I know I offended Jill and Natti Bee with that one), or a river ride called Aquaman. How about The Thing is that used yet. Please find another theme...