Cedar Point (July 7, 2004)

Associated parks:

Sunday, July 11, 2004 12:24 PM
We got off to a late start hitting some traffic on I-80W around the Youngstown area. We arrived at the park around 10:15am, bypassed the ticket line with our online tickets (yay!) and immediately headed for Top Thrill Dragster only to see the trains still on the transfer track, no crew in the station, and a crane near the hydraulic building. With that said, we didn't get on Dragster at all.

We got on Magnum with only about a 10 minute wait and experienced one of the worst rides ever on it. I swear I could have had a better thrill running around my house 10 times and then slamming myself with a sledgehammer. Damn, that ride has gotten bumpy since last year! After a quick ride on Gemini and a rather smooth ride on Mean Streak (is that possible) we headed for Millennium Force. We jumped in line with the sign reading a 1.5 hour wait. I can honestly say it was my longest wait ever for MF. I clocked it at about 2 hours and 20 minutes. The queue just seemed to move so slow and the DJ...well, let's just say he wasn't playing any "good" music (way...WAY too much Dixie Chicks). We finally got on the ride and it was a good one as always from the front seat. I still get chills up my spine going up that hill.

After a good lunch at Macaroni's, we headed over to Wicked Twister where I got to see all of my friends on the crew. As always, the crew at WT rocked - Man I miss working there. We took a spin on the Ferris Wheel (God I hate those things) and then hit up Chaos and almost lost that good lunch .

A little rain storm moved through the area, so we took that time to make some souvenir purchases. I got a really nice Top Thrill Dragster hat for what I thought was a pretty decent price. The rain cleared and we took 2 spins on Raptor (the line was only about 10 minutes long). I must say that it was one of the best rides on Raptor ever - must have been the wet track or something...just seemed so much faster.

Mantis' line was long as usual so we bypassed it for the time and just took a stroll through Fontier Town taking pictures and eating some ice cream. Finally, after scoping out the Dragster situation again, we rode Corkscrew, Power Tower, Iron Dragon, and finally Mantis to wrap the day up. I was surprised that Mantis, a ride that usually beats me up pretty good, seemed much smoother than it did in May.

Overall, it was a great day at the Point. Dragster being down all day was sort of a bummer (for my cousins who had never been on it) but we didn't let it bother us too much. All of the weather stations called for rain basically all day but besides that one 10 minute storm, it was sunny and fairly comfortable. It was great seeing my crew on WT again and I hope to be back soon!

Sunday, July 11, 2004 1:44 PM
Nice TR. That is a bummer about TTD, but at least you took it in stride and didn't let it ruin your day. What no rides on Blue Streak?
I survived a Japanese typhoon and the Togo flat ride of death!!!!!!
Sunday, July 11, 2004 2:34 PM
Come to think of it, no we didn't. Wow, that shocks me that we never went over to ride that. There are just so many coasters there it's hard to hit them all. Which goes to show that it's quite stupid to be really upset when Dragster isn't running because there are SO many other rides and attractions to hit.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2022, POP World Media, LLC