Cedar Point - June 19th/20th 2004

Associated parks:

Monday, June 21, 2004 6:52 PM
June 19th

I got to the park about 11ish and me and my friend started our day off with Magnum, it was great we got four rides on it with hardly any waits - except for the girl who puked all over the station, that held things up. Continuing, we then took a lap on Corkscrew it was fine. We then headed over to Wicked Twister it was about a 15 minute wait but worth it, I love twister. Then we stopped and had lunch at Midway Market, it was very yummy. We decided then we should go get freeway for Dragster, we waited about 25 minutes and got 6-7pm stamps. We went and did an assortment of other rides
such as Blue Streak, Mean Streak, Raptor, Gemini and some more Magnum.

One thing I noticed... in the morning they must have E-stopped red Gemini because it was stopped on the lift and stuck on the trims in the helix (maintenance was working on getting it out, I believe with pulleys and ropes [? - correct me if im wrong]). We then went to get in line for Millennium Force, can someone say stack-o-rama??? That ride has staked this year more then i've ever seen it. We finally got to the station after a one hour wait. The crew was slow (and weren't mean but not the nicest - i'll get to that later). We did some more rides and then went to get in line for Dragster.

Dragster was extremely fun - as usual (my favorite coaster) it was only my 3rd time and I hopped on front row, it was so fun! I've done front row before but I didn't remember it being like that! After that rush we went back to the hotel and had some Pizza Hut. We then took the path along the beach back into the park. We took a few rides on Wicked Twister and then headed over to Raptor were we took two rides on that. We headed back to Magnum and rode that a few times. It started getting dark and we decided to do Mean Streak, a trimless Mantis ride and two trimless Magnum rides. We wanted to get in line for Dragster but, it was down to mechanical problems nothing new, (I must say though it was doing very well the two days I was their. With only about 3-4 30-45 minute break downs each day.) Any ways, their were about 5 mechanics all working on the launch track and with 12 minutes to closing we decided just to sprint to Millennium, we waited about an hour and when we got in line for front row.

After we waited 20 minutes for the front we were only one train away from getting on, they were sending the last train and their was one seat in the middle left. They made us sit their because they were to lazy to send another train for us - apparently they all do this? They need to shut the front car line down when their ready to stop letting people line up. The crew is so slow at checking restraints and look like they don't enjoy their job. Overall, most of their crew gives off a bad impression. Any ways we just rode in the middle and it was fine, any ride on Millennium is good. Everyone was cheering for one more ride but, they told us we couldn’t have another one. Overall it was a very good day at the park.

June 20th

Day two in the park, we got to the park at about 8:45ish and ran to Dragster right when we got in, one ride with no wait, another ride with only a 15 minute wait - no problems what so ever! It was great and it brought my ride count up to 5 -- hey i’m proud of it. We then headed to Millennium and got on in 20 minutes it was a great ride but the best part was right before entering the station, when your on the ramp and standing right next to the unload station, the red train came in and some girl got off and pissed all over herself! HAHAHA it was classic! They didn’t even clean it up - I guess they were to lazy to do that to. What got me is that somebody sat in the same seat.

We did a bunch of other rides through out the rest of the day and got a freeway stamp for Dragster. When we rode Raptor some kid unbuckled their seat belt while leaving the station so they had to stop it on the lift anyways it turned into a 15 minute ordeal. People need to stop tampering with their safety restraints, its unsafe and annoying for the people who would just like to ride without extra wait time. Any ways we finished our day with Dragster (my 6th ride) and it decided to go down after we got up to the gates, we waited it out and got on after an hour and a half that was with freeway, however we did wait for front row. Overall it was probably the best multi-day trip i’ve took at Cedar Point.

Monday, June 21, 2004 9:10 PM
Im sorry to hear that MF ops werent doing so good. Maybe you just caught them on a bad day. One question I have: How did they know the kid unbuckeled his seat belt on Raptor?? The seat belts arent connected to any sort of computer system are they?
The Millenium Force ride Ops: Squishing you where it counts since 2000. Track Record: 89 coasters
Monday, June 21, 2004 9:22 PM
Did they see him unbuckle the belt as he was moving out of the station?
There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who dont.
Monday, June 21, 2004 11:24 PM
Yes, one operator did see him physically unbuckle his seat belt, the operator did that cross signal with their hands and he ran to the operator booth and stopped the train after it fully got onto the lift.
Tuesday, June 22, 2004 8:08 AM

the red train came in and some girl got off and pissed all over herself! HAHAHA it was classic!

Would you like a side of fries with your cruelty?


This is the guy, behind the guy, behind the guy
Tuesday, June 22, 2004 9:22 AM
Oh come on I am Jack's Coaster. . . you have to admit it would be partly funny although I would feel bad for the girl. . . . still. . . :-D
Tuesday, June 22, 2004 10:13 AM
afifan - If I were you, I'd let CP know about your experience with the MF ride ops -- I know that something like that would really bug them. I do feel bad for the girl, but I must admit it probably was funny! If the ride operator saw the kid unbuckle his belt while leaving the station, why did she continue to give the 'thumbs up'? (Don't they have to keep their thumb up until the train has completely exited the station?). Anyway, sounds like you had a good trip.

I'm making my third trip to the point next week (I went twice last year for a few days). I'm going for a week, and honestly can't wait to be there!!

Tuesday, June 22, 2004 11:18 AM
She didn't give the thumbs up, he just wrote above she made soem kind of cross signal, signaling to stop the ride before it left the lift.
Tuesday, June 22, 2004 12:38 PM
FlyInBack, I did go to Park Operations the next day and told them about it, they said the part about the front seat - they always make people that waited move so they don't have to send another train (I didn't understand why) but, I told them it wasn't the Cedar Point way, and they should do something about it and she said, "I'm Sorry", and shrugged her shoulders. Also, they gave the thumbs up and they did in fact clear the train, however when the train was in motion is when the kid unbuckled his seat belt the op then gave the cross signal and ran to the operator booth to stop it on the lift. *** Edited 6/22/2004 6:19:30 PM UTC by afifan***
Tuesday, June 22, 2004 4:54 PM

I was on that last train of the day at MF on Saturday and saw them move the people in the front row over (which made me go...cool..we WILL be on the last train!) lol...it is a common practice for parks to send out the minimum amount of trains at the end of the night so that everyone gets on in the shortest amount of time, no surprises there. Since there was an empty row, of course they will make you move..if there wasnt, then obviously you woulda got the final train to yourself. It also makes sense to move you so that they dont have to go down the line and fasten all the empty seats and stuff when you can just go on the previous train. Know from now on that it is a total gamble to wait for the front at the end of the day. AT LEAST you didnt get screwed out of a front row ride on MF at the end of the night because they decided to load a exit pass onto the front row, thus, cancelling out my front row ride (they had 2 trains left to run, and i woulda been on the last one had they not loaded the front row with a exit pass on the train before that). I ALSO was at Raptor when the person unfastened the seat belt...this happens almost everytime i go and it always happens JUST as I get off the ride (i was on that train just before they stopped it on the lift)...coincedence??

SFGAm Viper
Tuesday, June 22, 2004 4:56 PM
Yep: standard practice.

Usually for the last few trains of the day, the platform operator will tell people that they will not be able to wait for the front if there are empty rows elsewhere on the train.

Tuesday, June 22, 2004 5:13 PM
I got a trimless ride on Mantis last week - first one I can remember in a long time. No such luck on Magnum though.

Off-topic - but speaking of sitting in urine... at McDonalds for lunch today, some woman sat her diapered baby on the food counter. Gross. Some people are so stupid.

[url="http://www.livejournal.com/users/denl42"]My blog[/url] You said, "I'm gonna run you down." I heard, "I'm an orangutan."
Tuesday, June 22, 2004 5:28 PM
One of the Magnum ops said that they always take the trims off for after hour rides. I don't get what after hour rides are. Thier was still an hour before closing.
Tuesday, June 22, 2004 10:47 PM

Off-topic - but speaking of sitting in urine... at McDonalds for lunch today, some woman sat her diapered baby on the food counter. Gross. Some people are so stupid.

That is pretty stupid.

But the joke has to be made that baby urine is a lot better than the stuff IN McDonald's food.

This is the guy, behind the guy, behind the guy

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2022, POP World Media, LLC