l. PKI's beloved Flying Eagles are alive and well at Carowinds, but certainly look and ride differently. They've been given a garish paint job, geared down considerably (there won't be any cable snapping in Carolina), and stuck back along the Kiddieland border. We rode them several times for old times sake, but it's not the same. Sad.
2. Kiddieland has been spruced up, and given a few new rides.
3. The Balloon Race has been geared up and is now a truly enjoyable cruise above the trees. Ironically, the balloons now fly faster than the flying scooters.
4. Whose idea was it to close the park at 8 pm on Summer weekend nights (Friday and Saturday)? An hour before dark and they're ushering customers out?
5. The Ghoster Coaster has been rethemed as The Truly Odd Coaster, but at least it got a new coat of paint and Maintenance got around to smoothing out the track. It's a much better ride now.
6. Thunder Road's two trains are MUCH smoother this year.
7. Top Gun is running faster and more furious this year than ever. What a great ride.
8. The Carowinds Holiday Inn Express is receiving a total facelift, with new wallpaper, carpeting and furniture in halls, lobbies and rooms. It's still the best lodging in the area, and right across the parking lot from the park entrance.
9. Charging $26 for an evening ticket when the park closes at 8 is a bit steep.
10. Why is it the Runaway Reptar at Carowinds is an exact clone of the one at PKI, but is 10 times rougher. The headpiece at PKI is very soft and cushioning, and the one at CW is hard plastic and beats you up so badly children are at risk for broken eardrums. What idiot decided hard plastic was better than soft cushion?
You must be logged in to post