Carowinds 6/10/08 (Short Trip)

Associated parks:
None

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:06 AM
I was in Charlotte area for four days and had a few hours for myself so that I went to Carowinds. It was extremely hot and humid. (99oF and 73oF dew point) I visited Carowinds last summer and rode all of the coasters. I was impressed with Top Gun and Borg although Firehawk is a better version in my view.

I drove over to the season pass area for parking. The attendent was puzzled about the Platinum pass from KI. She did not think she can accept the pass. I told her that the pass is good at any Cedar Fair for parking, she let me in.

I went straight toward Afterburn/Top Gun. I love these inverts. This one is my 4th favorite invert after Alpengeist, Talon, and Montu. I ended up riding the ride 8 times. All the rides were walk-ons. I got on last row six times.

I went over to Phantom Flyers. I miss this ride at KI. There really was no reason to take this great ride from KI. Sigh... I noticed that "ripping" can be done on only in cars 7, 8, 9, and 10. I could not do that on other cars. No one said a word about my "ripping" the cords. In fact, some people were cheering for me to do so. I rode this 8 times as well.

I decided to get two rides on Nighthawk/Borg. The color is the same, but the Borg cube was gone. I thought the Borg theme was a great concept being a Star Trek fan. Oh well.

I was only at the park for 2 hours but was able to get 18 rides in all. Not bad. It seemed that many people were in the waterpark or stayed away due to extreme heat.

+0
Thursday, June 19, 2008 2:04 PM
Sounds like the employees are as confused about all the varieties on SPs as the GP is.

Is "ripping" what we call snapping? If it is, I don't see why you would only be able to do it in certain cars. Still, 18 rides in 2 hours is pretty cool though.

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC