Can Y'all Help Me With This ???

Wednesday, May 8, 2002 2:49 PM

If 200 foot plus high roller coasters are HYPER-coasters &

300 foot high plus high roller coasters are GIGA-coasters...

Whatintheheck would a 400 foot tall coaster be called??? (BESIDES insane.)

Just wondering...


Wednesday, May 8, 2002 2:54 PM
Some people seem to think it will be a TERA because it follows up giga in computer terminology, but really, it's whatever the manufacturer or park wants it advertised as. Once there is a 400 footer, I'm sure it will be called a tera among coaster boards like this one anyway.

Snoopy Rocks! On Ice opens on June 22nd

Think they'll let me drive the Zamboni machine?

*** This post was edited by CPgenius on 5/8/2002. ***

Wednesday, May 8, 2002 3:01 PM

A 400 ft. + coaster is refered to as a "tera".

Wednesday, May 8, 2002 3:04 PM

It's completely marketing....whatever the first park that buys one wants to call it, they will.

Please use the search feature...this has been discussed thousands of times.

Proud CB club member

Wednesday, May 8, 2002 3:17 PM
So, this must be the 4th time it's been brought up. Intamin somewhere stated Gigas go above 500 feet. I don't remember what the exact height was, but I think the technology can go above 700, but I'm not entirely sure. This "terra" coaster crap is just that, crap made up by a few enthusiasts.

When did American Eagle get more airtime than Viper?

Wednesday, May 8, 2002 8:42 PM
A 400 Ft. coaster is called "A Reverse Freefall coaster!"

I hope I just didn't start a war and get this topic closed :)

X-Flight World's Only flying coaster!
Batwing World's only flying coaster!
S:UF World's only flying coaster! Don't you love SF ?


You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2019, POP World Media, LLC