Build it bigger

Sheikrafanatic's avatar
Exactly one week from today Discovery Channel brings back an old show with a new flare. For its premiere episode they are showing the construction of Renegade and Griffon.

On a side note did anyone know that Montu has a train with a zero car made for shooting reverse povs


Webmaster/Podcast host for Coasterfanbase.com
Coasterfanbase.com

The previews look good. Love those kinds of shows.

Sidenote: I'm surprised they don't have Mike Rowe narrating it. He has three shows on the Discovery channel.


Great Lakes Brewery Patron...

-Mark

Id still love to see the show on Voyage Contruction that aparently only ran in Europe.

Chuck

Jason Hammond's avatar
^Ditto, it was also on Kentucky Rumbler and El Toro.

880 Coasters, 34 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

It's been a while since I've seen a show on discovery about coasters. Last time I sat down and watched it was Spills Chills and Thrills Week.

-Why is Wicked Twister closed?
~Biting Flies.
-Biting Flies...

Lord Gonchar's avatar
That show (Building The Biggest Roller Coasters) that covers Voyage, Rumbler and Toro made the rounds on BitTorrent. Not sure if you'd still be able to find it or not.

Neat show although I still insist that it's probably better that most enthusiasts didn't see it given the inclusion of the 'secret nine' angle. Every kid who frequents an enthusiast forum of some kind would be bugging the parks every time they built a new coaster expecting to give opinions and advice.

For the record (because someone will ask) the 'secret nine' were nine trusted enthusiasts who were 'consulted' in the construction of Voyage.

Funnest moment in the show - the folks at Beech Bend going over names for the Rumbler and seriously considering calling the coaster, "Bodacious" but ultimately ruling it out due to connotations with large chested women.

I believe the show actually ran in Canada, but never the US.


Jul 10, 10:00 pm Jul 11, 2:00 am Jul 12, 7:00 pm Jul 14, 11:00 am Times are Eastern and Pacific.
Lord Gonchar's avatar
Here's a few clips from the show (Build It Bigger) the original post is talking about:

Roller Coaster Freak-Out

Sheikra

The show airs on the 10th at 10pm. :)


That guy in the videos is a dope. He was so annoying in the first video.

Top 5 wood: 1.Hades 2.Voyage 3.Boulder Dash 4.Avalanche 5.Legend
Top 5 Steel: 1.Maverick 2.Fire Dragon 3.Batman 4.Raptor 5.Ice Dragon

Mike Rowe would be better. *** Edited 7/4/2007 12:58:42 AM UTC by rcd***

Lord Gonchar said:
That show (Building The Biggest Roller Coasters) that covers Voyage, Rumbler and Toro made the rounds on BitTorrent. Not sure if you'd still be able to find it or not.

Neat show although I still insist that it's probably better that most enthusiasts didn't see it given the inclusion of the 'secret nine' angle. Every kid who frequents an enthusiast forum of some kind would be bugging the parks every time they built a new coaster expecting to give opinions and advice.

For the record (because someone will ask) the 'secret nine' were nine trusted enthusiasts who were 'consulted' in the construction of Voyage.

Funnest moment in the show - the folks at Beech Bend going over names for the Rumbler and seriously considering calling the coaster, "Bodacious" but ultimately ruling it out due to connotations with large chested women.

I believe the show actually ran in Canada, but never the US.


Do they have it for sale on DVD, LG?

^ I agree that guy is really annoying its much better with the sound off because he sounds like a little girl.

^^^That Sheirka video is so great the night before I go there tomorrow.

Bolliger/Mabillard for President in '08 NOT Dinn/Summers

Lord Gonchar's avatar

Ajrides said:
Do they have it for sale on DVD, LG?

I don't think so.


Sheikrafanatic's avatar
Other than this I know of 2 other shows that have roller coasters that showed on Discovery.

One is the obvious Tastu construction video.

The other I saw was a 3 part series on the building of Expedition Everest.
Part One was on the trip to see the actual mountain.
Part Two was on the designing of the ride.
Part Three was on the construction, theming, and how the ride system works.


Webmaster/Podcast host for Coasterfanbase.com
Coasterfanbase.com


rcd said:
Mike Rowe would be better. *** Edited 7/4/2007 12:58:42 AM UTC by rcd***

Mike Rowe completely kicks ass...I'd love to hang out with him one day. Just perhaps not on a "Dirty Jobs" set or show ;)


Haha no I'm not giving Patrick the finger

^But put an amusement park in a Dirty Jobs episode. I could see it:
MR: You think parks are all fun and games> Well, they're not. Today I get to be a Puke Cleaning Specialist...
;)
could be fun. *** Edited 7/6/2007 8:35:07 PM UTC by FLYINGSCOOTER***

Great Lakes Brewery Patron...

-Mark

Sheikrafanatic's avatar
No I have a better use for Mike cleaning bird poo of rides (especially Raptor)

Webmaster/Podcast host for Coasterfanbase.com
Coasterfanbase.com

Those warehouses next to the station of Raptor could sure use a good scrubbing down:) It's kind of weird seeing Mike hosting a show about dirty jobs considering that he used to host a real-estate show showcasing local houses. And now he's pushing Ford trucks too in those commercials that are on frequently.
Bump.

Only a couple hours 'til it's on!

Jason Hammond's avatar
I lost count as to how many times he refered to the coasters with the article, "The." "The Griffon" "The Renegade"
*** Edited 7/11/2007 4:46:11 PM UTC by Jason Hammond***

880 Coasters, 34 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2022, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...