Blue Diamond roller coaster for sale on eBay for $225,000

Posted Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:07 PM | Contributed by Jeff

Pssst. Want to buy a used roller coaster? You can pick one up -- the only ride like it in Delaware -- for $225,000 on eBay. But hurry. People in South Africa and Germany have expressed interest in the coaster, which for four years whipped and dropped thrill-seekers at Blue Diamond Park near New Castle.

Read more from The News Journal.

Related parks

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:27 PM

I'm pretty sure that's the big Zyklon that was once at Blands Park (now DelGrosso's).

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

+0
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:26 PM

It is, according to RCDB (edit: and the article).

Last edited by SLFAKE, Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:36 PM
+0
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:14 PM

Yeah, I confess to having not read the article, as one of our student workers showed me the eBay listing last week. :)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

+0
Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:35 AM

That ride is not worth anywhere near $225,000.

+0
Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:38 AM

I assume you're basing that on the condition, but honestly I wouldn't spend that much even if the ride was brand new. I was never impressed with Pinfari Zyklons and these larger Z64 models seemed like such a waste of potential. The first drop has a good pop of air if you're lucky to get in the back seat. After that the coaster just meanders around through helices. The final track run is still 15-20 feet off the ground, then you are lowered into the station via a chain brake. Why build such a large coaster, then keep everything off the ground? If I was a small park I would try to get my hands on an SDC Galaxi, or better yet a Schwarzkopf Wildcat. Both are much better rides.

+1Loading
Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:13 PM

and those 2 better coaster can be found for the same or less money.

+1Loading
Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:41 PM

For those remembering Adventureland - Addison IL in the 70's, THIS IS The Super Italian Bobs! This is one of my very first coaster credits!

+0
Saturday, July 31, 2010 12:02 AM

Having been on Zyklon many, many times, my opinion of the ride is very positive. It was really fun, and because of the out-of-your-seat airtime, one of the scariest rides I have ever rode.

Maybe it has changed for the worse since it left DelGrosso's (Blands) Park.

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC