AIR construction pics from John Wardley

Sunday, August 12, 2001 11:00 AM
Here are a few pics from John wardley I dont know if its his site or someone else doing it about him but pics are cool and biography also.

click below for AIR pics

http://www.john-wardley.demon.co.uk/air.htm

click below for the site

http://www.john-wardley.demon.co.uk

-------------
Army rangers lead the way *** This post was edited by supermandl on 8/12/2001. ***
+0
Sunday, August 12, 2001 11:05 AM
I was gonna say something about the date, but the I remembered that they switch the month/day, so 9/8/01 is August 9, 2001. Cool Pics!
+0
Sunday, August 12, 2001 11:12 AM
Too bad that Alton Towers has a height limit which is that that big. If "they" built a coaster that was 150ft above the ground (for the lift hill), the coaster would look for exciting to ride.

-------------
"Duff Man Says... Ohhhhh Yaaaaa!"
Current Favorite Coasters:
1)Raging Bull 2)Millennium Force 3)Medusa (SFMW) 4)Vertical Velocity (SFGAm) 5)Dueling Dragons (Ice)
+0
Sunday, August 12, 2001 11:21 AM
And you don't think the ride looks exciting now?

-------------
My favorite Coaster is named after Poop, and I actually like Boomerangs! What is wrong with me?
+0
Sunday, August 12, 2001 11:24 AM

├čruce said:
"And you don't think the ride looks exciting now?

-------------
My favorite Coaster is named after Poop, and I actually like Boomerangs! What is wrong with me?
"





No, seeing as how we have only seen a few pieces of track...Oooooohhh...flat track, exciting...
+0
Sunday, August 12, 2001 5:43 PM
Whatever Alton Towers is missing in height, they make up the rest by shouving the ride under ground.

John Wardley is one cool cat for maintaing a site mainly for us guys. Thanks John, we appreciate it!

-------------
Jes
Webmaster, Jes's Roller Coasters
www.jesms.cjb.net "Thank You Jeff Putz"
+0
Sunday, August 12, 2001 7:05 PM

StealthmF5m3 said:
"Too bad that Alton Towers has a height limit which is that that big. If "they" built a coaster that was 150ft above the ground (for the lift hill), the coaster would look for exciting to ride."


I find that to be way wrong. By not being able to see much of it above ground, you have no clue what to expect. It also makes them have to be creative when designing rides, and I'm sure John Wardley is great at that, look at AIR's layout, it looks intense. Same thing goes for Nemisis. I've seen pics of Alton Towers, and the park looks like a huge billionair's garden, not a theme park. It's great. I think if there was a 150+ foot coaster there, it would ruin the whole feel (and I'm sure many regulars to the park feel the same way.)
You must learn something, Stealth (and many other people), height does not make a good coaster, a good coaster makes a good coaster.

-------------
Do your own homework!
+0
Monday, August 13, 2001 4:29 AM
TrBiggar:
Well said!

For more AIR construcstion pics and pictures of the actualy track model go to...
http://air.rideas.co.uk/
...it looks so cool! I can't wait!

-------------
"'cos you know, it's strange! You stand in a library and go "AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH" and everyone just kinda stares at you, but if you do the same thing on a aeroplane everyone joins in!"
+0
Monday, August 13, 2001 9:08 AM
What is that Thorpe Park coaster?

-------------
CDNSN
+0
Tuesday, August 14, 2001 3:03 AM
It looks like the Thorpe Park coaster is an Intamin hyper.
+0
Tuesday, August 14, 2001 5:39 AM

MillenniumForce04 said:
"

├čruce said:
"And you don't think the ride looks exciting now?

-------------
My favorite Coaster is named after Poop, and I actually like Boomerangs! What is wrong with me?
"





No, seeing as how we have only seen a few pieces of track...Oooooohhh...flat track, exciting..."



I was referring to the models....
-------------
My favorite Coaster is named after Poop, and I actually like Boomerangs! What is wrong with me?
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...