42 Hospitalized after inhaling toxic fumes at Holiday World

Posted Monday, June 22, 2009 11:04 PM | Contributed by metallik

A filter pump malfunction in a water ride at Southern Indiana's Holiday World caused fumes that sent 42 people to a hospital with breathing troubles.

Read more from The Courier-Journal.

Related parks

Monday, June 22, 2009 11:45 PM

"Koch says lifeguards immediately got everyone out of the water ride and closed off the area. A park spokeswoman says staffers gave oxygen to those who needed it."

Holiday World's preparation for emergencies is right on the ball. The extensive training really pays off.

Last edited by john peck, Monday, June 22, 2009 11:45 PM
+0
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:10 AM

My first thought about toxic fumes (AFTER making sure everybody was okay) was "Okay, who had Taco Bell for dinner last night?"

+0
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 9:44 AM

Personally I hope everyone who was involved is ok. That was my first thought honestly.

+0
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:40 PM

Ouch, I hope everyone is alright but that is some serious stuff. The training paid off sure, but I hope those people got a refund or free pass for that.

Last edited by P18, Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:48 PM
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...