400ft. lift = 400ft. drop = Ultra Coaster?

Thursday, November 29, 2001 8:20 PM
200 and above - Hyper

300 and above - Giga

400 and above - Ultra? Maybe...*shrugs* A 400ft. coaster is in the worx right now...ya think it'll give birth to a new name? A new genre(sp?) of coasters?

Thursday, November 29, 2001 8:46 PM
I know a lot of people call it a "Tera Coaster". Doesn' that have to do with computers?

"I’m more than a bird..I’m more than a plane...More than some pretty face beside a train...It’s not easy to be me"-Five for Fighting "Superman" dedicated to all of the hardworking rescuers of the WTC...

Thursday, November 29, 2001 10:04 PM
Terra is the next step after giga, if they are keeping with that theme
Friday, November 30, 2001 2:02 AM
No, Terra is the prefix meaning "earth."  Tera is the SI prefix following Giga.  Here's hoping they don't call it a Tera coaster.  I don't think they need a new name for the 400 foot mark.
Webmaster: Gravibulb Coasters - Home of Professional Quality Coaster Photos
Friday, November 30, 2001 3:16 AM
DawgByte II's avatar ***sigh***

How many times to we REALLY gotta go through this tired subject???

IT DOESN'T MATTER, people!! It's only a name that the manufactures call it.

Nobody really cares and it has no effect on the coaster, plain & simple.

Friday, November 30, 2001 3:18 AM
lets just call it a 400 footer.  The term "hyper" is pretty vague in itself. 
Friday, November 30, 2001 4:21 AM
How about coasters that are over 100 feet?  How about we call those "zooba-coasters"?  And those that are over 24.8 feet should be called "bananarama-coasters."  I agree, this is the dumbest topic ever.  I hate when people say, "MAYBE <some park> WILL GET A GIGA!"  Dumb.
You can't spell "dishonorable" without "honorable."
Friday, November 30, 2001 4:38 AM
We should shut up about the type and wonder what it looks like and the actual name of the coaster
Friday, November 30, 2001 4:58 AM
Well it's being built in Germany.  We should call it an "ubercoaster"
Ride the New England Bush!
Friday, November 30, 2001 5:01 AM
I think classification does matter.  Its all part of an enthusiats way of keeping a database.
So...you can't handle a rollercoaster huh? Well...you ARE the Weakest Link! Goodbye!

Number 1 Batwing Fan!

Friday, November 30, 2001 5:41 AM
Jeff's avatar We're not going to have this conversation because despite the ridiculous marketing nonsense, these prefixes stand for numbers involving decimal places, not multiples of a hundred.

I can see scientists and mathematicians cringing now...

Jeff - Webmaster/Admin - CoasterBuzz.com
"As far as I can tell it doesn't matter who you are. If you can believe, there's something worth fighting for..." - Garbage, "Parade"

You must be logged in to postClosed topic.

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC