2020 attendance estimates

Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:02 AM

The TEA/AECOM attendance estimates are out for 2020. Under normal circumstances, I find their numbers suspect, so I can only imagine where they sit this year. But duh, attendance was down. :)

Jeff - Editor - CoasterBuzz.com - My Blog - Silly Nonsense

+0
Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:39 AM

Six reported attendance was down 79%
Cedar reported attendance down 90%

TEA says the top 25 were down only 67%. It's pretty clear to they are underestimating the impact.

+0
Thursday, September 23, 2021 6:22 PM

I think last year being down is definately expected. Really hard to get people into a park when you are closed for 1/2 or 3/4 of the season. What I have to wonder is what this year will be like. In my visits, the parks did not feel as crowded as normal, but that's a terrible way to estimate without more data.

+0
Thursday, September 23, 2021 6:26 PM

Jeff said:

The TEA/AECOM attendance estimates are out for 2020. Under normal circumstances, I find their numbers suspect, so I can only imagine where they sit this year. But duh, attendance was down. :)

I'll look up the official numbers published by OLC for Tokyo Disney as this is a good way to see how TEA changed the numbers.

+0
Friday, September 24, 2021 3:54 PM

Fun said:

TEA says the top 25 were down only 67%. It's pretty clear to they are underestimating the impact.

Maybe, but Six Flags and Cedar Fair don't have any parks in the top 25 - whereas Disney and Universal had 14 of the top 15. Many of their parks would have had regular operations from Jan 1 to mid-March (when most SIX/FUN parks were closed), and had a longer season after reopening midsummer. So it's plausible that the top 25 parks' attendance was off less than the regional, seasonal parks.

+1Loading
Friday, September 24, 2021 3:57 PM

I noticed a glaring mistake: Canada's Wonderland is listed at 1 139 000 visitors in 2020, which is impossible: the park never opened in 2020 due to COVID.

+2Loading
Friday, September 24, 2021 4:02 PM

See, I told you their numbers were suspect! 😂

Jeff - Editor - CoasterBuzz.com - My Blog - Silly Nonsense

+0
Friday, September 24, 2021 4:14 PM

Margin of error: infinity percent.

+0
Saturday, September 25, 2021 9:32 AM

I noticed the text said Cedar Point opened their new "Snake River Expidition" in 2020 as well. That's not true.

-Matt

+1Loading

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2021, POP World Media, LLC