So what to do.....as most of us sit and wait for our local parks to reopen we have nothing to do (coaster speaking) untill next season....some of you are already planning or have planned your park trips...so I guess the question is.. what parks are on your lists and what parks are worth going to in 2008?
Holiday World for Holiwood nights in May. Possible Disney World in June. Coney Island in July and a possible trip to Valley Fair in Aug. Dollywood in Oct. Hope to make a weekend trip to SFSA, SFOG and SFOT sometime over the summer. Monthly Kemah Boardwalk visits.
I had a desire to get back to Indiana Beach even before their announcement. It's also time for me to head back to SFStL this year to check out the attractions they've added since my last visit in '05. I would probably be looking at another park or two but I have a honeymoon in May and have strict orders for no coasters. ;)
Tentatively on the schedual for this year yet is Beech Bend.
We are awaiting 2008 operating scheduals to finalize our trip out east next year and I haven't even caculated how many coasters it will include, Both new and old but the plan is
Knoebels, Camp three our four nights, Probably do Dorney on Saturday as the waterpark keeps crowds in the park down. Sunday, Hershey, Monday, Knoebels, Tuesday SFGRADV, Move to Jersey shore, Stay three or four nights, Moreys, Clementon, Seaside and Steel pier, Casino or two, CONEY, Possibly Playland. We may hit Lakemont and Degrosos on the way to Knoebels.
Even at the parks that I had visited before there are many new coasters, Doney with Hydra, Knoebels with Flying Turns, Degrossos will have two new to me, SFGADV, Superman, KK and that new coaster and El Toro , All the other parks coasters will be new to me.
Rob Ascough said: Some people will disagree with you on that. Excited as I am about Hershey's new ride, PA is going to host two other brand-new rides that enthusiasts are anticipating: Ravine Flyer II and Flying Turns.
Not sure those two coasters are going to measure up. They will be decent coasters for small parks. I think they will be fun though.
Top 5, in no particular order: 1. MF 2. Maverick, 3. Kraken 3. El Toro, 4. TTD 5. Superman Krypton Coaster
Top overrated coasters: 1. Incredible Hulk (Boooooring!) 2. Nitro 3. Expedition G-force 4.
Goliath(SFMM) 5. Any Dive Coaster
Next year is going to be difficult. I think I'm going to feel like I'll be pulled in too many different directions.
1) King's Dominion as always. I still cannot believe we're getting Dominator. I'm having a hard time getting my head around it.
2) Dorney Park for VooDoo (I love Impulses) and I'd like to try Wildwater Kingdom again, since I haven't been to it since 2001 and the additional slides.
3) 2008 might be the year that Knoebels opens the Flying Turns, and I'll have my never-expire ride coupons in hand from August of 2006 if they do.
4) Great Adventure for Dark Knight and hopefully many more rides on the bull.
5) HersheyPark for Fahrenheit and to experience The Boardwalk for the first time.
6) The big trip of 08' we've talked about is of the South and what good timing with the Hard Rock park opening. So in addition to that, other attractions in Myrtle Beach, Dollywood, SFOG, Carowinds, and whatever else we can figure out.
7) Possible Returns: Kennywood for the new darkride Ghostwood Manor, and BGE not for Griffon so much as to experience Curse of DarKastle again.
8) Fantasy trip to PCW that could come true.
Unfortunately with so many choices, comes the financial drain on the wallet. One thing is for sure and that is I'm determined not to step foot into the midwest this year.