2003 State Fair of Texas photos added to Lone Star Thrills

Posted Thursday, October 2, 2003 4:34 AM | Contributed by Lone Star Thrills

144 new State Fair of Texas photos have been added to Lone Star Thrills. Video and more photos to come during the 24-day run of the fair.

Link: Lone Star Thrills

Thursday, October 2, 2003 6:59 AM
john peck's avatar It looks fun and all, but every fair midway I look at nowadays is starting to look the same, but its always been that way, I was just too young and unexperienced to realize it.
Thursday, October 2, 2003 11:32 AM
John, sorry you're so jaded, but I wish that the fairs in my area, the midatlantic, would have half the rides that are pictured. Everything in Texas is bigger. Even for a flat-ride junkie such as myself, I think I'd have to stop and take a break. And, it looks like you'd have to rob a bank to ride it all. Eight tickets for one of the rides? That's insane.
If someone makes a post and you post-quote it right beneath it, you're wasting bandwidth. Think before you press the button.
Thursday, October 2, 2003 1:32 PM
If the fair didn't run an independant midway then the prices would be ALOT cheaper and there would be less rides. There are no less than 15 ride/carnival operators showcasing their rides this year.

Jeremy Murphy

Thursday, October 2, 2003 3:37 PM

Great pics.

Just a few small corrections:
-the Eclipse is from Fabbri, not Moser
the Fast Trax, unlabeled, is a Fabbri, too
-the Techno Power is from Tivoli, they are merely repped in the U.S. by AmTech

I am looking forward to my first visit to the fair in a week!

Friday, October 3, 2003 8:26 PM
lets see....I'd do.....

Crazy Mouse.....

The Experience....

Fireball(best flat evar)...

Space Roller.....

Starship 2000(classic)...

Techno power....

Twin Flip.....

And yes, I am a sucker for any looping flat.

SFOG: Land of freaky Drop rides.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC