Skee-ball, anyone?

Now that we've sold the Banshee and the G-train, we would like to say good-bye to our final eight Skee-ball machines as well.

The Skee-ball machines measure 13- and 14-feet long and include nine balls each. The machines are in working condition and have been very well maintained since they were purchased for Santa Claus Land from Skee-ball Incorporated in 1982. (The park’s name was changed to Holiday World in 1984.)

The Skee-ball machines are available on a first-come basis and will be yours for $600 each. We will not ship the machines, but if you'd like to hire a company to pack-up and pick-up your purchase, that's certainly your prerogative. Otherwise, we can arrange a time for you to come pick up your new toy. :)

If you're interested, please email Matt Eckert here at the park: meckert@holidayworld.com.

Btw, we have purchased new Skee-ball machines for this season.

Thanks, Paula *** Edited 3/10/2005 2:48:59 PM UTC by Raven Maven*** *** Edited 3/10/2005 3:46:23 PM UTC by Raven Maven***

Paula Werne
Holiday World

I was about to be really upset until I read that last sentence. An amusement park isn't an amusement park without skee-ball.

Now if you only had a DDR machine, all would be right with the world.

[url="http://www.livejournal.com/users/denl42"]My blog[/url] You said, "I'm gonna run you down." I heard, "I'm an orangutan."
Having my own Skee-Ball machine is on my "to do" list but I'm not sure this is a good time to be buying (and storing!) the thing. But once I get a real job and a real place to live, watch out!

If they're in working order and well maintained then why get new ones? ;)

Do you have any dimensions on this thing, Paula?

Jeff - Editor - CoasterBuzz.com - My Blog

They are four-feet wide and approximately six-feet tall.

We have 13' and 14' models.

Paula

Paula Werne
Holiday World

Why didn't you Games department trade them in?
It was more economically beneficial for us to do it this way.

Paula

Paula Werne
Holiday World

Not only would it be cool to have my own skee-ball machine, but to have one that was at HW would just rule. Also, I would get so good I would win every time. ;) But how do I get something like that up to MN? I guess I could like fly down and then U-Haul back. I would have to think about that.

I'm assuming these machines come standard with signatures of HW royalty all over them and a lesson or two in taking them apart for shipping and maintaining them?

Den said:
An amusement park isn't an amusement park without skee-ball.

I was just about to say that, I love the ones at Adventureland.

Skol Vikings
Let's shoot us some deer Joe Joe!!!!

RavenTTD said: I'm assuming these machines come standard with signatures of HW royalty all over them and a lesson or two in taking them apart for shipping and maintaining them?

You can probably talk Matt into just about anything at this point. :)

Paula

Paula Werne
Holiday World

$600 for a skee-ball machine of this size is a great deal. We looked into buying one a couple of years ago and refurbished machines were going for around $3200. Luckily, one came up for auction at Eastcoaster a couple years ago and we got it for much much less.

As far as what you could haul the machine in... We had to go to Idlewild to pick ours up. The back section comes off, that leaves you with about 10 feet of running lane. We used a F150 with an 8 foot bed. The end hung over the tail gate (which we did not put down because it was easier to secure the machine with it up) a couple feet but nothing major. Lay the top piece down on it's side and there is enough room for the running lane beside it. All the netting and everything can come off too.

I looked into doing a one-way U-Haul rental and that was like $300, so unless I can find a friend with a really long pick-up that doesn't mind me putting 800 miles on it one day, I don't think I can get one.

Jeff - Editor - CoasterBuzz.com - My Blog

Just strap it to the roof of your car. It probably only weighs 500 pounds or so ;)

So close yet so far away. I guess I'll have to make do with that cheesy home version I saw at Sears.

I'll just wait until an amusement park more local to me decides to get rid of theirs. Oh, wait...
Any Discounts on buying more than one?

Any pictures we can look at?

I have enough room in my garage for like 10 of these :)

Seriously though, I think having one of these machines would be cool

Skee-Ball tourney over at James place. ;)

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
I'd just like to have a skeeball that happened to be extra. Wouldn't have to be in the best of shape naturally, just a ball that was used on a machine like that. :) I don't need a whole machine to appreciate the fun that they bring. Oh sure it would be cool as heck to own one but the constraints of space, hauling, $$$, etc prevent that from happening at this time. :( I think it's really awesome that this offer was made here on this site by Paula herself. That is a true testimony of how HW really listens and keeps up with us here.

This ain't no book you can close, when the big light hits your eyes. Cropduster-Riot Act-Pearl Jam
Paula, when would the machine have to be picked up by, if we happened to want one?
If anyone's interested in Pastime or Hi-Lo games, I hear there's a certain western PA park interested in selling theirs...

*** Edited 3/12/2005 5:22:31 PM UTC by kpjb***

Hi

Wow, if I had 600 dollars to throw away I'd be all over that. Love skee-ball.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2024, POP World Media, LLC