Announcing "Operation Graduation" at Stark Raven Mad

Posted | Contributed by Mamoosh

It seems there is just no stopping Holiday World's Pat Koch. At the park Mrs. Koch sweeps the sidewalks, serves the food, greets guests and at Stark Raven Mad she even runs the coasters. In her "spare" time she is involved in her church and diocese, masquerades as one of Santa's Elves answering children's letters to Santa, and lovingly attends to her nine grandchildren... all the while fighting cancer so vigorously that last year doctors granted her a clean bill of health.

Despite all that she still found the time to earn a Masters Degree in Pastoral Ministry from Loyola University. Pat's even missing the opening of Zoombabwe on May 18 to attend graduation. If anyone deserves our congratulations its Mrs. Koch, and so it's time to announce "Operation Graduation!"

Here's the plan: for Saturday night's dinner, SRM attendees will congregate at the picnic grove while the park is cleared prior to ERT. Mrs. Koch will be hononed in a special surprise ceremony that is part graduation, part prom. Bring your graduation cards to dinner and you'll be able to hand it to her personally. A special celebrity guest will dance with Pat for her "prom." No, you won't have to dance but you will be encouraged to cut in if you're bold enough. It will be a fun way to pass the time until we're free to enjoy ERT.

If you're only attending the Friday portion of SRM you can leave your card at Guest Relations and Paula will make sure Pat receives it. If you see Mrs Koch on Friday please don't mention this to her or give her your card, this is meant to be a surprise (no, she doesn't read Coasterbuzz!)!

A very special thanks to everyone who made last year's "Operation Mothers Day" such a success. Mrs. Koch was overwhelmed to receive hundreds of Mothers Day cards. Those who have met Mrs. Koch knows how special she is and how much joy she brings to so many. Hopfully everyone attending will participate in "Operation Graduation" and make Pat's day special by bringing her a graduation card.

Related parks

Great idea!. I will most definitely bring Ms. Koch a graduation card. Again, this park never ceases to amaze me... Keep up the wonderful work!

Chris

-----------------
WCUSA-The World's largest theme park is coming!
Theme parks will NEVER be the same! *** This post was edited by Chris Godsey on 5/9/2002. ***

Mrs. Koch has worked soooo hard on this degree--we're all incredibly proud of her!

Thanks, Moosh, for organizing this--I know she'll be truly touched.

Watch out, New Orleans! Pat Koch is hitting town in a week!

Paula

-----------------
Paula Werne
Director of Public Relations
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Santa Claus, Ind.
JPWerne@holidayworld.com *** This post was edited by Raven Maven on 5/9/2002. ***

Hopefully this person is not a regular surfer of CoasterBuzz

-------------
"Looks like you've been missing quite a bit of work lately"
"Well, I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob."

Jdancinsin - no, Pat does not read C-buzz [or any other coaster site].

Paula - its my pleasure. Anyone who has met her knows that when she says she [and the park] loves enthusiasts that she's not feeding anyone a load of...."corn." Its genuine. Its going to be great seeing her dispatching trains and handslapping riders again ;-)

-----------------
2002 - the year of IB's LoCoSuMo!!

Mrs. Koch said at staff meeting yesterday: "Doesn't anyone write anything by hand anymore?"

Trust me, she's not surfing anywhere! :)

Paula

-----------------
Paula Werne
Director of Public Relations
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Santa Claus, Ind.
JPWerne@holidayworld.com

What the hell? I cant but half hardly motivate myself to to the dishes every night and this woman can:
1) Head one of the best "Family Friendly" theme parks that ever existed.
2) Mourn the loss of a great husband
3) Kick "cancer's"*****from here to Sunday
AND
get a Master's degree?

God I feel so worthless....

Please give my deepest congratulations to (the future) Rev. Koch =], as I do not belive I'll be there to do it personally.
lata,
jeremy
--"Whadda you wanna do with yer life?"
-------------
Besides, if we were really shutting down people we disagreed with, would Jeremy (2Hostyl) still be around? :) I think not. - Jeff 1/24/02

Jeremy - I hear ya. Perhaps we need to make up t-shirts that say "WWPKD?" [What Would Pat Koch Do?].

LOL!

Matthew

Pat is truly an amazing individual. I'll be sure to make a special card for her! This is what sets HW apart......they include us in things beyond the typical park visit!
-------------
Brad Sherman
Don't.....look.....back! The Headless Horseman awaits you in 2002!
Model coasters and rides

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2024, POP World Media, LLC