Must-have accessory for the coaster enthusiast

I suspect Jeff and Stephanie have their annual top-10 gift list brewing, but here's an idea I just tripped across today. Holiday World and Kennywood checks. I have no idea who runs this business (and I assume they have the proper permission to display park and ride logos on the checks) but what a neat idea.

I really like the Wonders of Kennywood one. But they're all nice. :)

I've often wondered from time to time, how to write good poetry- and make it all... Work.
Oh, those are nice! I also like the Wonders of Kennywood. I would appreciate them all! They also have a Holiday World check book cover.

WDWCP - Spring 2006 - Entertainment
I met a guy at SFGAm last year that was thinking about doing a check business and I remember him saying that he was doing Kennywood and that he had to get all sorts of permission to do it. Maybe this is the same guy...

Certain victory.

Crap, I just reordered my checks. Since no one ever sees them but utilities companies, I always try to get the cheesiest ones possible (i.e. Precious Moments or puppies or whatever).

[url="http://www.livejournal.com/users/denl42"]My blog[/url] You said, "I'm gonna run you down." I heard, "I'm an orangutan."
Shhhhh! Hasn't been announced yet. :)

The website is open for business, but the announcement about the checks hasn't been made yet.

Yes, this was done with our permission.

Makes for a nice stocking stuffer (or at least that's what Santa told me).

Paula

Paula Werne
Holiday World

Makes for a good way to pay for stocking stuffers. ;)

*** Edited 11/29/2004 8:59:47 PM UTC by janfrederick***

"I go out at 3 o' clock for a quart of milk and come home to my son treating his body like an amusement park!" - Estelle Costanza
Just bought my Holiday World ones. What kind of cash are you making on these Paula?

Anyway, these will be much better than the Winnie the Pooh my wife bought...

I was expecting to see a TASER for dealing with line jumpers. ;)
My favorite check is any that has my name where it says "Pay to the order of."
The pics of the coasters are great... I think the set as a whole, though, suffers from actually having too much variety.

I like them, I just think that they should've chosen quality over quantity. The coaster, flume, and Zinga ones are nice... even the antique car and rapids shots. The shots of the signs, for example, are less than thrilling. The wave pool could be anywhere, and doesn't really show off the park that well.

If they'd have cut this down to 12 quality images instead of 24 I think it'd be a much better project.

Very cool idea, though.

Hi

I rarely, if ever use checks anymore.......how about some debit card/credit cards with coaster backgrounds? :-D

I know Six Flags has it's own.

-Tina

Tina - many credit cards allow you to personalize your card with a photo. For a few years I had a RAVEN Visa...the photo was of the coaster's lake turn.

As for the checks...rumor has it they'll partnering with a popular calendar and greeting card company soon ;)

mOOSH

I wonder who that could be?
I wonder who started that rumor Moosh?

Amusement Park Personal Checks at <A HREF="http://www.carouselchecks.com/referral.asp?refid=112">www.carouselchecks.com</A>

And to answer a couple of questions, Yes Bob its me.

About the variety, we wanted to offer something different. When you order the Holiday World checks, each book has 4 different images. So in an order you receive 12 different images. We didn't just want to focus on coasters, especially since this was about the park in whole, not just the coasters.

Lastly, I just want to say that Paula, Will and all of the gang at Holiday World have been absolutely wonderful to work with on this project. They wanted to be the first park offering this, and we were more than happy to oblige. I would like to personally thank everyone over there for all of the support they have offered.

(Start shameless product plug)
By the way, even if you already have checks, you can get a handy dandy Holiday World Checkbook Cover which by the way has a lifetime warranty on the cover and the logo.
(End shameless product plug)

Andy

Amusement Park Personal Checks at <A HREF="http://www.carouselchecks.com/referral.asp?refid=112">www.carouselchecks.com</A>

DragonRider said: What kind of cash are you making on these Paula?

Surely, you jest! :)

Paula

Paula Werne
Holiday World

CoasterArtGuy asks:

I wonder who started that rumor Moosh?

LOL...I wonder ;)

VERY nice checks. I especially love the Kennywood ones. Hmmm, only 2 boxes of my Three Stooges checks left... (of course, at the rate I use them, that'll last me another year or so.)

--Greg
"You seem healthy. So much for voodoo."

Andy,

I had some quick questions about the checks, so I wrote an email to the contact email listed on the website, service@carouselchecks.com. Unfortunately it was returned by mailer-daemon saying there is no such email address. Is there a different one I should send it to? I don't want to bother everyone else by writing my questions here.

Thanks for your help, -Pete

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2024, POP World Media, LLC